Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Tagan, this time with failed Panasonic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Tagan, this time with failed Panasonic...

Originally posted by i4004
    are you sure?
    just a few days ago you were asking what exactly +5vstby circuit with a chip is:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...51&postcount=1
    and a while back you were not certian about 2 tr. design when you saw one
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...5&postcount=15
    <wink>
    And the award goes to...

i4004, yes! It is true! You are the most pretentious douche bag in the world! (quite frankly i am sick of it as are other members...)

Congrats. I know what a two transistor 5vsb circuit is, that was the point of the thread with the yuelin (quite a while ago I may add) and what threw me off with the solytech is that it is almost exactly the same in every way to the one wolf tested. I also know how to use this cool tool called "google" that can look up part numbers for things like, transistors, etc... Thats also a good way to identify them.

Sorry, I had to take you off ignore just to see your reply...hehe

<wink>

Comment

hell man, either ignore (and make yourself ignoramous baboon) or don't.
      don't be in the middle.

>I also know how to use this cool tool called "google" that can look up part numbers for things like, transistors, etc... Thats also a good way to identify them.

if you've found a datasheet (like you did) and still didn't know, then one wonders if you like electronics enough to reasearch it further.
      wasn't it on the wall, smps chip connected to +5vstby primary?
      was it an elephant, or smps regulator?

btw. these two last posts....i'm just teasing you because i don't like the word "ignore" in any way or form.

that's how i tease, by linking your posts.
      <wink>

still, do watch out for them topswitches....hehe...

edit/
      >(quite frankly i am sick of it as are other members...)

yep, there we have bonez (who cannot grasp most simple electroncs terminology) and toasty, who's blowing up other people's psus with his advices.
      and now we have you: you have 2 psus of same sort and can't dismantle one to see whats wrong with other one(talking about that 700w delta).

surely the bunch.

oups, there i go teasing again... i'm sorry...

anyway, ignore away!
      i'll still comment your posts.
      Last edited by i4004; 01-04-2010, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Now for the PSU again, i decided to look around my parts box and have a try with whats around.

5V: 2* 3300/10V 10mm -> 4700/6.3V 12.5mm Rubycon XYF
        12v: 2200/16V 10mm -> 2200/25V 12.5mm Chemicon LXF
        3.3V Input: 2200/16V 10mm -> 1500/16V 10mm Rubycon MBZ
        3.3V output 2200/10V 10mm -> 2* 1500/10V Sanyo WG 8mm parallel
        3.3V output: 2200/10V 10mm -> 1500/10V Sanyo WG 8mm
        5V Stby: 2* 1000/10V 8mm -> 2* 1000/10V Panasonic FC
        Primary: 2* 470/200V 22mm -> 2* 1000/200V 25mm Hitachi HP3
        PFC: 22/400V 18mm -> 68/400V 18mm Chemicon KMX

Should do it, hopefully.
        Didnt get around testing yet, ill post when it runs.

Oh by the way, anyone in germany interested in a few 1500u/10V Sanyo WG 8x20mm?
        I happened to get across a large amount of these, still packaged in bags of 200.

Comment

why germany only?

prices simillar to these
          http://tinyurl.com/ybhogba
          ?

i would be interested, but i would pay you(via paypal) after receiving and checking them...offcourse, i would pay for shipping (to croatia) too, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by robert
            Now for the PSU again, i decided to look around my parts box and have a try with whats around.

5V: 2* 3300/10V 10mm -> 4700/6.3V 12.5mm Rubycon XYF
            12v: 2200/16V 10mm -> 2200/25V 12.5mm Chemicon LXF
            3.3V Input: 2200/16V 10mm -> 1500/16V 10mm Rubycon MBZ
            3.3V output 2200/10V 10mm -> 2* 1500/10V Sanyo WG 8mm parallel
            3.3V output: 2200/10V 10mm -> 1500/10V Sanyo WG 8mm
            5V Stby: 2* 1000/10V 8mm -> 2* 1000/10V Panasonic FC
            Primary: 2* 470/200V 22mm -> 2* 1000/200V 25mm Hitachi HP3
            PFC: 22/400V 18mm -> 68/400V 18mm Chemicon KMX

Should do it, hopefully.
            Didnt get around testing yet, ill post when it runs.

Oh by the way, anyone in germany interested in a few 1500u/10V Sanyo WG 8x20mm?
            I happened to get across a large amount of these, still packaged in bags of 200.
            Watch out raising the uf in the PFC circuit, those are usually their values for a very good reason. Also watch out using Ultra-LESR caps like Rubycon MBZ in a power supply, this can introduce more ripple to the circuit. Of coarse, i4004 doesn't know this that is why he didn't comment on that. (BTW i think pcbonez is the one that posted about that not to long ago...hmmm)
            Last edited by 370forlife; 01-04-2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

On the place the MBZ and WG are, they cant do much to the voltage regulation loop.
              These are used on the +3.3V Stepdown, which is powered off the +5V, the ~3uH filter inductor in between isolates these capacitors from the +5V line HF-wise.
              The lower ESR here is quite useful, since 3.3V ripple is quite bad even when new and the 3.3v input cap doesnt last long (even though they used a 16V unit on 5v...).
              Also, trouble with lower ESR does happen sometimes, but not often. Im gonna see.

For the PFC:
              The 22u (now 68u) is in parallel with the main filter caps ( previously 235u, now 500u).
              This should not be much of a trouble, especially since the higher wattage units use the same PFC board, but up to 600u of filter cap on the main board.

BTW: Thanks Topower for the 3842 based stby PSU. The caps in there were SO done (ESR over range, ie 20Ohms), the 2-transistor-crap would have killed the mainboard instantly, this thing surprisingly still kept the 5vstby stable enough to power up.
              However, this is the only thing i will ever thank Topower for.

Comment

>Also, trouble with lower ESR does happen sometimes, but not often. Im gonna see.

you have the load and scope to check the ripple?

Comment

Active load: Not in this power range, but a good stash of power resistors that can help.
                  If not, the good old steel fence wire wound around a brick resistor works, too.
                  Scope: Which one of the 7 or 8 (yes, i dont actually know how many scopes i have at the moment... I kinda collect (mostly HP) test equipment) should i use?

Comment

as long as it's the fence wire, scope doesn't matter!
                    <wink>

Comment

The primaries failed either due to heat (85C only lasts so long in PCs!) or the bodged APFC circuit.

I 2nd the Fortron recommendation! They had a couple models that weren't too great but most have been rock solid. The bad caps mar what was a good design on some, but for $5 this is remedied.

As for Seasonic....I love them! My M12 even has UCC caps inside....and I didn't put them there. \

Seasonic makes a rock solid 80+ certified 380W, but at $60-70 USD its not cheap.

Comment

Working...
                      X