This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Just wanted to say hi, found this great sit while trying to fix my Walmart Black Friday special. I graduated with an EE but went into fixing Point of Sale hardware then decided to go out on my own fixing pcs until my health problems maybe stop but I still like to fix things.

Comment

Hi folks! I'm from Hobart in Tas, Australia. Just messing around with some half-dead PC monitors and wish to discuss.

Comment

Hello!
        My name is Lee and I am from St. Paul, TX.
        I have been into computers since 1984 (Apple II+) and electronics since about 1982. I am not a novice but I am definitely not an expert, just enough to be dangersous (let the magic smoke out). I have used these forums in the past for research and now time I give back as well as get help.
        My current hobbies are building model rockets with the kiddo, and restoring a few vintage Marantz Receivers.... I have a metric ton of Caps, diodes, transistors, etc... To me., board level component repair is therapeutic and hair pulling at the same time! Good day all!

Comment

Hi, stumbled across the forum whilst googling for a diagnosis as to why the power on my 15mth old Toshiba has disappeared. Will post a thread asking for assistance but as I'm a novice at this stuff, I probably can't assist others much.

Thanks

Comment

Hello guys!
            stumbled around here while searching for a schematic for a laptop mainboard.. It is a Median Akoya MD 98410, E7214, the mainboard says its a Hannstar J MV-4 94V-0, E89382.
            However there seem to be a lot of those in different laptops with different layout etc. Hope to find a solution anyway!

Comment

Hi all. New user from houston tx here.

Names z. Own quite a few toys. Both electronic and mechanical (lol)

Recently bought a e701ia3 and you already know why im on this site. New tcon and still black screen. Looking for help. Tia.

Comment

Hi all,
                new member here, I found your Forum while looking for diagnostics to figure out what is wrong with my Black Friday TV from years ago camping Target !
                40'' Westinghouse VR-4085DF for $298 was a great price at the time....
                Well a little about me I was a Ford Dealer Tech for over 20 years but have switched careers back in 2007.
                I turned my hobby of radio/electronics and computers into a new career.
                I was tired with flat rate pay and having no guaranty one week to the next I am now a I.T. Systems Administrator in a small Government Office. I love it !
                Well that's a little about me !
                Thank for any help in the future !
                Joe

Comment

Hi everybody, I'm juanfra, for Alessandria, Italy. Nice forum, hope to learn a lot.

Comment

Hi folks Mostly I hang out on 6502.org, -- which tells you something about my other interests! -- but today I'm in TV-repair mode. I'm hoping some of you fine folks can assist.

The model involved has been mentioned on this forum before. It's an RCA RLDED3950A-C. No picture, no sound (and no bad caps, at least none that I can see!), but the pilot light comes on... Red, not green as it ought to be I think. There's +19V coming outa the PSU, but I think there's supposed to be +5V as well, and unfortunately that's MIA.

Also unfortunately I have no Service Manual or schematic. Can anyone help, please? (Should I use a separate post for this?)

I *could* maybe carefully eyeball what's going on and figure it out the hard way, but it's *so* much more productive to work with a roadmap!

Cheers, & TIA

Jeff

Comment

Hello im new here just signed up today to help myself figure out how to fix my non working tv, i dont have much knowledge on what problems are what, but if i get told what to do i can get it done

Comment

Hi All,

I am a network Eng specializing on Cisco and HP equipment.
                        Glad to be a part of this community!

Cheers,

-A

Comment

Hi, my name is Chris and I have been repairing electronics as a hobby for 14 years. I started with video game consoles at the age of 16 and I am now doing my best to branch out to other devices. I am usually just replacing parts but would like to learn more about component-level repair. I have occasionally visited this website because the vast wealth of knowledge on devices I have repaired but I am happy to finally be part of the community.

Comment

Hello to all, Undrex here , a DIY/Jack of all trade guy from electronics to firearms. .Looking forward to more shared knowledge in this forum. . .Thanx admin for accepting me. . .

Comment

Names Jhon Oliveira
                              30 - Birthday 10 January 1976.
                              repairing electronics as a hobby

Comment

Hello, I am helping my son with a problem with the LED's on his LG TV and I came across this site. I do a lot of troubleshooting on computers and electronics so I imagine I will be on here a lot.
                                Thanks!
                                Mike Magnuson
                                San Diego, CA

Comment

Hi I'm james and I join to learn how to fix Tvs.

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm a person that loves to tinker and dislikes replacing broken electronics when a couple of well spent bucks can make it like new again. Of course, a multitester probe inserted into the wrong thing can turn a $0.50 fix into a $50 fix in an instant so I'd prefer to ask a couple of questions first...

Comment

Hi:

I came upon this forum as a result of trying to repair a flat screen tv. I am a do it yourself-er and make forums like this my first stop to figuring a problem out. This week I have repaired my dryer and my bluetooth for my cell phone. I am now trying to find out why my Mothers Sceptre TV lost sound and audio even though it is getting power.

Thanks to all for taking the time to post solutions. I hope I can be a resource in the future.

Comment

Hello, My name is Kevin. I'm a father of 3 soon to be 4. We live in Monticello, AR, w/c is on the southeast corner of the state. I found this site by accident while searching for information to repair my fathers Sanyo plasma. I'm hopeful to find my answers here before I spend too much money in an refusal to admit defeat!

Short first post, I know. Questions are welcome, but I reserve the right to withhold answers 😏

Comment

Hello all my background as a electronic Bench Tech is pretty much consumer electronics and most recent endeavors included getting up to speed on the led LCD and plasma diagnostic and repair

Comment

Working...
                                          X