Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panasonic tx-p42ut30 6 blink led problem

hello guys!!!
    i d like to start a thread to have a fix guide for the specific model and get some help from experts of the forum so my tv doesn t end up in the jankyard..
    the sc board is the tnpa 5349 same with the s30 if i am not wrong..
    the picture stays on for some secs and suts down with 6 blinks red led.
    i know there is a kit for the sc board that fix the problem in most tvs of this type but before ordering it i d like to do some search if this is really the problem and not something else..
    any sugestions to begin with??

Re: panasonic tx-p42ut30 6 blink led problem

Remove the board from the tv.

On the back of the board resolder the ground pads. Get replacement screws ( lockwasher screws ). and tighten the screws.

Also tighten the screws on all other boards like SS and C boards , they will be loose also.

6 blink is a problem in the energy recovery circuit. I think this problem is the beginning of the 7 blink problem OR the mainboard is overheating. ( BGA solder problem ).

Lets try the soldering on the ground pads + screws first.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

thanks for the advise moreno!!!
      i will try the soldering and the screws and come back with the resullts..
      my su board is the one with the buffers attached at the same board..
      you thing i can make some measurements with multimeter also or stay in the original plan for now?

ps:if anyone have the service manual for this model It will be appreciated.
      thanks a lot!!
      Last edited by tmac; 01-19-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

There is no need for measurements because the tv turns off randomly. Do you have 215V going to Vsus?

Solder the ground pads first and use the lockwasher screws. Tighten all the screws and see if it gets better. This can also be caused by the mainboard.
        Attached Files
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

will check the vsus, will pass to the next step with the gnd pads and screws and come back with new data ..
          Thanks for the help Once again ..
          you are really great

Comment

Your welcome , good luck!

Comment

some photos my sn s board back..
              the grounds seems to really need some resoldering
              Attached Files

Comment

Hmm its normal , all models suffer the same problem. Its the beginning of the end and your lucky the sc board did not fail yet.
                If this won't fix the problem then my only advice is a new mainboard because on these boards the parts work or don't work. There is no way in between.

Ps , when you resolder just do it gentle and make it look as new. You don't need much solder. Tiny bit of solder and reflow the whole pad. Its pretty easy if you have a 60W solder iron or good solder station. ( Middle to big tip ).

Comment

so if resoldering on the sc board doesnt work your sugestion moreno is to replace the mainboard?
                  can you please become a bit more detailed because I do not have the experience to understand many things easily.
                  there is a case the repair kit for tnpa 5349 to fix the problem or i must look for another board failure?
                  edit:
                  the tv doesnt turn off randomly,it just turn on for a few secs always,with a low light picture and then shuts and gives you 6 blinks
                  Last edited by tmac; 01-23-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

The repair kit is normally for boards that have the 7 blinks problem. Your board has trouble turning on.

First reflow the ground pads and use different screws and come back with the results.

Comment

Working...
                    X