Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VX922 with FSP035-1PI01 PSU

Originally posted by Sparky
    lol, well I was given that nickname years ago when I first started playing with electricity (I was 10 at the time) and blew a few fuses, melted a few wires, sent sparks flying...

The name stuck
    Hmm, sounds like something I tried at about that age. The name I got was a lot less pleasant. Good thing it didn't stick.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I have this same board with a similiar problem. I replaced a few bad caps and my voltage steady out but the monitor would only flash on and off.

Comment

Might be inverter/backlight issue. Post some pictures of the PSU board if possible. Also, if the original caps were CapXon KF, replace them all, not just a few (except for the big 400v one). Panasonic FM and Chemicon KZE would be good replacements, but Nichicon PW and HE, Chemicon KY, and Panasonic FC might also work.

Comment

I have a VX710 flat panel with the exact same power supply.
          It will power on for approximately a second then go black. The power indicator stays on green and steady, and correctly switches to amber if the input signal is lost.
          While on, the screen looks fine, you can repeatedly display the screen for a (short) second by toggling the power, or holding menu button "2".

So, I popped it apart expecting to find barfing caps, but none appear faulty. Although there are a couple of the notorious Capxon's.
          Closer inspection showed one (Q6) of the four transistors located on the bottom of the board, beneath the small output transformers for the backlight, is literally blown apart with a nice resulting scorch mark.

Do you think this is a problem?
          Kidding!
          Ahem... to the real question, were I to track down a replacement for the part (it's marked DKQF), can anyone peer into their crystal ball and give me an idea if I should expect other components of the PS to also require replacement?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by spiff59 View Post
            Ahem... to the real question, were I to track down a replacement for the part (it's marked DKQF), can anyone peer into their crystal ball and give me an idea if I should expect other components of the PS to also require replacement?
            See

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...95&postcount=6

PlainBill wrote ...

"Those transistors are Rohm 2SC4672. DK is Rohm's designation for that transistor, Q specifies the high gain range (P would be the low gain parts). I believe the last letter is a lot or date designation. Of course, the part may be available from other manufacturers."
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by spiff59 View Post
              I have a VX710 flat panel with the exact same power supply.

Thank you.
              The DKQF is a 2SC4672 transistor made by Rolm and is available from digikey.com. Review the data sheet to make sure.

Hah hah! Looks like retiredcaps beat me to it! Also, photos of your board would definitely help if you want additional info on parts replacement.
              Last edited by jetadm123; 08-11-2010, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I should also mention that you should probably replace these transistors in pairs, since the hfe of the new part will probably be different from the old one. Also, measure some the other components around the shorted transistor to make sure they're ok. Buy some spares because another failed component may have caused the transistor to short out.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                  I should also mention that you should probably replace these transistors in pairs, since the hfe of the new part will probably be different from the old one. Also, measure some the other components around the shorted transistor to make sure they're ok. Buy some spares because another failed component may have caused the transistor to short out.
                  Well said. buy plenty. At $.83 each, they're cheap enough.

I repaired one monitor by replacing the shorted transistors, resoldering the transformers, and replacing a cap that had come unsoldered. It worked perfectly the first time and survived all tests. I currently have another (same circuit, different brand) that has gone through two sets of transistors. Caps have been replaced, transformer passes ring test, transformer leads have been resoldered, etc.

PlainBill
                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I got another problem with this power supply.

First it wont power on, Replaced the Caps>
                    Not flashing screen problem, replaced U3, W6, W7 >
                    Now its turning ON and shows the picture not problem, BUT PSU won't power down the back light when power button is pressed! So now the PSU is always ON!
                    I separated controller from the PSU and it still stays on, so it is not a logic board.

So far I tried replacing these bit still no luck: Q1, Q2, U1, U320, D9,

Any ideas?

Comment

That means the BL_ON control line is stuck high, this control line is fed from the main board, but since the main board is not connected and the backlights still stay on, it means the transistor or IC that receive the BL_ON/OFF line is stuck on and cannot be controlled by the main board any more.
                      We need to see good clear pictures of both sides of this power supply/inverter board so we can give you the test points o check.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                        That means the BL_ON control line is stuck high, this control line is fed from the main board, but since the main board is not connected and the backlights still stay on, it means the transistor or IC that receive the BL_ON/OFF line is stuck on and cannot be controlled by the main board any more.
                        We need to see good clear pictures of both sides of this power supply/inverter board so we can give you the test points o check.

Please go here : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...432#post278432

Comment

Working...
                        X