X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westinghouse L2410nm Buzzing?

Originally posted by Silviyius View Post
    monitors generally don't buzz.
    I've owned three that buzzed to various degrees, and seen plenty more. It's in no way rare. And it's pretty annoying if you have nothing else to mask the sound, because unlike the sound of a computer fan for example, it's a distracting whine.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
      I've owned three that buzzed to various degrees, and seen plenty more. It's in no way rare. And it's pretty annoying if you have nothing else to mask the sound, because unlike the sound of a computer fan for example, it's a distracting whine.
      I guess i've been lucky. I've owned a lot of lcd's. the only ones i've had buzz are crt monitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Silviyius View Post
        I guess i've been lucky. I've owned a lot of lcd's. the only ones i've had buzz are crt monitors.
        You must have very quiet computers then. The only time I can hear my CRTs buzz is if I actually put my head against their back where the flyback transformer is. Otherwise, I can't hear them buzz. Some of them do like to whine every once in a while, though - especially at 75 Hz.

I also have 1 LCD that whines quite a bit. It was really loud after I recapped it several years ago, but now it's much better. I only use it for testing, though.

Comment

Working...
        X