Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 2493 HM issue

Originally posted by zulururu View Post
    Don't worry PlainBill, take your time and Bon appetit ;-)
    Wasn't much 'Bon' last night; dinner was left over meat loaf.

On the other hand, tonight our house guest made boneless bottom round roast au jus, mashed potatoes with gravy, baked butternut squash with brown sugar, and broccoli with a light cheese sauce. Superb!! The only problem was she refused to let me wash the dishes.

I've marked up another picture. The output side of three opto-isolators have been circled, and labeled A, B, and C. Measure the voltage across each opto-isolator with power off and power on. One of them should show a major change in voltage, but report the results on all three.

PlainBill
    Attached Files
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

With all the hard work you are doing, you deserve a good meal ;-)
      I just had homemade veal paupiette (stuffed escalope of veal) with mushrooms onions and cram sauce ! It was good too !
      Here is what I find for the opto isolators:

Power OFF:

A/ 1.13V
      B/0.66V
      C/19.4V

Power ON:

A/ Fluctuating between 2.2 V and 9.5 V probably going even higher if I leave the probes o it for a longer period of time.
      B/1.7V
      C/0.15V

By the way, you remember when I told you the main capacitor voltage was stucked at 164V power On AND power Off, well today, it's changing again from 164V Power OFF to 380V power ON .... strange !

Comment

Originally posted by zulururu View Post
        With all the hard work you are doing, you deserve a good meal ;-)
        I just had homemade veal paupiette (stuffed escalope of veal) with mushrooms onions and cram sauce ! It was good too !
        Here is what I find for the opto isolators:

Power OFF:

A/ 1.13V
        B/0.66V
        C/19.4V

Power ON:

A/ Fluctuating between 2.2 V and 9.5 V probably going even higher if I leave the probes o it for a longer period of time.
        B/1.7V
        C/0.15V

By the way, you remember when I told you the main capacitor voltage was stucked at 164V power On AND power Off, well today, it's changing again from 164V Power OFF to 380V power ON .... strange !
        Not that strange. We've had one successful repair of the BN44-00214A power supply (same controllers) that turned out to be a bad solder joint. I've had two power supplies that started working after having been shipped across the country. Your experience could be due to bad solder joints also.

By the way, based on your results, C is the opto-isolator turning on the PFC controller and main SMPS controller.

PlainBill
        Last edited by PlainBill; 10-04-2011, 02:17 PM.
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Was this ever resolved?

veritas odium parit

Comment

Unfortunately no !

Comment

Working...
            X