Tik tik tik sound from motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tik tik tik sound from motherboard

I have a laptop motherboard with very low tik tik tik sound. I can't locate from where it is coming, I suppose one or more MOSFET isn't working well.

Power supply doesn't help either. Is there any other way to locate it?
    Anybody fixed this kind of issue?

Re: Tik tik tik sound from motherboard

hi, friend
    it's very general description of your problem;
    post motherboard code or laptop model;
    about the tik tik sound ; shorted mosfet or capacitor or ic or.... can do this sound.

Comment

common issue in dell 3521
      sigpic

Comment

check ACIN signal.

Comment

Originally posted by dwyane
          It's a big possibility that your laptop is already dead. I read at http://www.cnet.com/ and http://www.laptoprunner.com/ that when you hear anything from motherboard and thinks that there are just part of it that it's not working, there's a chance that you can still use it after the fix but most of the time the problem will still go back or worst, it will damage other parts. So why invest on fixing where you can just buy new laptops that are cheap? Just my 2 cents.
          Your missing out on a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction fella
          we come to this Forum to learn, we don't enjoy being defeated by a motherboard etc

Comment

Originally posted by dspok View Post
            I have a laptop motherboard with very low tik tik tik sound. I can't locate from where it is coming, I suppose one or more MOSFET isn't working well.

Power supply doesn't help either. Is there any other way to locate it?
            Anybody fixed this kind of issue?
            Hey,

Like others mentioned getting some more details would help a ton... But it sounds like the dell 3521 issue... tik tik tiiik.. (poef poeff poeeff)...

Anyways I have four of them here... Replaced some of the boards aswell, got them from China refurbished... Weird thing was 2 of those that I replaced "new/refurbished" gave the exact same sound on the very first startup.... What I then did was starting with the CMOS Batt. disconnected reseat cpu and ram and or try others, remove the wifi card and re-insert the CMOS and mix those steps around a few times and finally it switched on... This how ever didn't work for the boards that I have doing that.

I did also do a BIOS Chip replacement once which worked... I figured that maybe the BIOS didn't initialize correctly along with the rest of the main components... But that was only a one time thing...

Anyway I have Four boards here doing that and one that's working fine... I'll have a look at it again later maybe we can throw some ideas around in the thread and hopefully fix this crap....

while alive { live(toFullest=true) }

Comment

Greetings,

Might it be a wire wound inductor with the power rail rising and then falling sharply due maybe to an overload ?. An inductor is really the only mechanical thing on a motherboard that could make a sound, unless something is shorted and about to blow.

Another thing that goes tick, tick, tick is a failed toshiba hard drive. Mine died 2 days ago, no warning, just started ticking and that was it.

Backups ?, eh no, I was just going to do that !.

Ken

Comment

Working...
              X