Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oscilloscope suggestion?

The Tek got up to 270$ and it is ended.

At this price point it makes more sense getting a new Rigol with warranty and color display.
    The LPT is dead in our days, everything is now USB.

Comment

Yeah I had a look at prices for Texktronix here and its 50-100 % more than new Rigol…also found we have Rigol 106x here in our lab here. I think I will talk my boss to get me clamp meter for start (found one nice UNI-T UT203 for really low price and it is the most accurate one at all - 2 % on 40A range), do osc measuring on that 106x here for a couple of reviews to show ppl in the magazine I am serious And try to get my own one ASAP
      Last edited by Behemot; 11-13-2012, 09:19 PM.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Yes, good luck with the Rigol.

And yes, LPT interface is an old legacy that went out with RS232 and other interfaces some years ago, especially on new computer equipment. But printers currently in use with parallel ports still exist. I've got one with a Centronics interface.

ben7's max was $300, so my last post was for him. Maybe $270 is too much for you, but if I didn't have my own scope, I would have bought the thing. The price is well below its own worth, below even that of Rigol.

Comment

OK than. Cause just the shipping here would be another 50 bucks at least

I got parallel printers too, but I will need the images in digital format anyway so there is no point in printing it when I will have to scan it again.
          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
            OK than. Cause just the shipping here would be another 50 bucks at least
            Well... no.

For one thing, the scope in the ebay ad is light in weight, so it's not going to be near 50 dollars.

For another, that ad included free shipping.

Comment

Judging from his other things, USA only. I am sitting on slightly different continent

Comment

Ah, yes. Finally, a good point!

edit: But it was just an example.

Comment

Batronix sell the DS1052E for 269 euros ($350 USD), plus about 10 euros shipping. If you order it through your employer, it should be VAT free.
                  http://www.batronix.com/shop/oscillo...l-DS1052E.html
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Bout the Rigol, that's cool, I can get it here, some shops have it. From Batronix is is over 7k2 CZK with shipping (it's 14 euros according to their calculator). I can get it here for 7750 without VAT so I think those 500 extra (<20 euros) are worth the less probable problems with RMA is something happenned.

On the other hand, Batronix offers 3 year warranty, here the pricks give only two years. I will talk abotu that with the company when the time comes, thanks for the suggestion

Comment

I like my Rigol a lot. I got the 100MHz version because the price difference wasn't big enough to worry myself over bricking the scope.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I will think about it, it will bring the price on +- to the same as here for 1052 if we took it from Germany. You got a point, today latest PSU architectures work with DC-DC switchers capable of working up to 1 MHz frequency with polymers.

ADD// the frequency can rise in future, better polymers can achieve 2 MHz even now without any problem and they can always use tantals with IGBT and go beyond that.
                        Last edited by Behemot; 11-17-2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

What do you use it for? An average user won't need any more than the 50 MHz offers.

Comment

There is a rule of thump about always getting a 5 times faster scope than the signal which you plan to measure.
                            Which translates the more sampling points the better.

Interesting enough, the 100MHz versions are internaly even faster. (most of the times).

While back the usability of those instruments was more predefined, those days are not.
                            For example some years back that the analog TV was in the highlight, the measured frequensies about it were stantardised (known).

Today if you are messing around for example with satelight tuners, I do not think that you can get away with a budget scope.
                            Last edited by Kiriakos GR; 11-19-2012, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Satellite tuners? 10 GHz? Forget about even using a high end scope on that. You need something crazy like the Agilent 90000 series. 12 GHz bandwidth, 40 GSa/s... a mere £82,000.

http://www.home.agilent.com/en/pd-13...6&cc=GB&lc=eng

Comment

Spectrum/network analyzers, not scopes-- when dealing with modulated signals.

Comment

My university just dropped £500k on a network analyser...

Comment

Since I don't have any overview of this area, could you guys recommend me scopes comparable to Rigol DS2072? Main features are nice and big screen (8'', 800x480), high speed (2 GSa/, 50 kwfms/s), vertical range of 500 uV/div - 10 V/div and memory of 14 Mpts.

I got company owning the magazine to obtain me one, but they ddecided to barter it out and they want me to get some list of comparable scopes from other companies…

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                                      Since I don't have any overview of this area, could you guys recommend me scopes comparable to Rigol DS2072?
                                      How about one better than that, a bit cheaper than that, 100% more reliable than that, and with out Firmware bugs ?

There is a GDS-2102A (100MHz) heading to Greece as we speak (for evaluation/ Review), but you can settle with one GDS-2072A.
                                      The news about those scopes are very fresh, and I have made personally all the chase about gathering the related information.

You may start your own investigation from here and here.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                        I like my Rigol a lot. I got the 100MHz version because the price difference wasn't big enough to worry myself over bricking the scope.
                                        Do you find the small screen annoying?

I was going to get one, came close a few times. I put it on my Christmas List not last Christmas but 2011. Just realized I haven't used or needed my scope since before then.
                                        36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Cool, adding the GDS to my list. Anything else comparable to that?

Comment

Working...
                                          X