Samsung SyncMaster 914V-No Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung SyncMaster 914V-No Display

Thank you for any help here-I am trying to get this Samsung SyncMaster 914V back to life here and need some help. I have replaced most of the caps because I was losing the display after the system booted into Windows. After replacing the caps I seem to have corrected the drop out problem but now all I get on the display are straight vertical lines up and down the screen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung SyncMaster 914V-No Display

Originally posted by fasner View Post
    Thank you for any help here-I am trying to get this Samsung SyncMaster 914V back to life here and need some help. I have replaced most of the caps because I was losing the display after the system booted into Windows. After replacing the caps I seem to have corrected the drop out problem but now all I get on the display are straight vertical lines up and down the screen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Do you know if the problem with the screen was there initially? Or is this a new problem?
    What color are the lines?
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Thank you for your time on this. Originally the screen would come up while Windows booted. The Win 7 logo would appear and the program would load. Then the screen went blank after about a minute. I changed out the capacitors near the rear or the PCB. There were 7 total. That seemed to correct the phase out problem but now the screen just has straight vertical lines-no colors-just B&W.They are in rows about 2" wide. Some parts of the screen are just black. Hope that helps--Thank you again for your time and input

Comment

Make sure you have the ribbon from the signal to the panel installed correctly.
        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Working...
        X