Samsung PN42C430A1D - Clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN42C430A1D - Clicking

The part number should be listed on the board and it should look something like this: LJ92-01739C. Be sure to read the info ShopJimmy includes in the part listing.
    Last edited by capkid; 06-06-2014, 01:52 PM.
    LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Perfect, will do thanks

Comment

I tested the psu board transistors /diodes for kicks and found some more shorts. Should I replace this board as well ?

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and guess that would be a yes :P

Comment

Are you sure the transistors and diodes on the PSU are bad? Did you remove them from board before you tested them? Again, it's rare that these PSUs fail.
            Last edited by capkid; 06-10-2014, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I tested them the same way i tested the other boards. i unplugged everything, and tested the nodes using the multimeter's diode mode. Is it possible im doing it incorrectly?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stellamusik View Post
                I tested them the same way i tested the other boards. i unplugged everything, and tested the nodes using the multimeter's diode mode. Is it possible im doing it incorrectly?

Thanks
                Sure, it's possible Diodes and transistors can sometimes be hard to read in circuit.

Comment

Should i then unhook everything from the board and test the node voltages again, if they match the specified amount, assume the psu board is ok?

Comment

Based on your initial post, I'd say your PSU is just fine. At this point, I'd just wait for the replacement Y and X boards to arrive.
                    Last edited by capkid; 06-11-2014, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Just my luck. I plug in everything , turned on , no video though. Then, I start seeing smoke from the center , in guessing the psu board. Now the new ymain has a diode shorted . Xmain is ok. I have no way of checking the ybuffer

Comment

Correction, ymain has pretty much everything shorted.

Comment

Go to you tube for how to check Y buffer for shorts? so did you not check the boards before you fitted them?we did say that you must check for shorts on all the boards as one bad board will take out any good ones you fit,you will now have to test the power board also as smoke is not good, if you try jumping PS-ON and VS-ON and check the output voltages Flocko

Comment

Hey flocko, i tested all the boards before i plugged them in and they where all good. The only issue that i noticed before hand was the shorted transistors in the psu bored i mentioned above, but the voltages remained steady when i tested that board on its own , so i assumed it was ok.

Comment

Is it possible the load of the mains and buffers caused the boards to fail due to the lack of control provided by the shorted transistors?

Comment

Hi sorry when you put that you had no way of checking the Y buffer i thought that you had not tested the new one, and if it was bad that would take out your new boards.With the power board every time you power on with a short on any of the boards the power will come up for a short time, and with the kind of load a dead short put on the transistors yes that will blow them,And if you keep on trying to power up(pulling the plug on Y board and see if you have this?pulling the plug for the X board and see if it does that?) the power supply will only take so much before it says i give up. that is why i say test the boards with your meter for shorts and dont try them in the set, plus if they show to be shorted then you can return them.i think the the saying one bad apple needs to be remembered when you try to fix this model. Flocko

Comment

Ive also noticed its the same transistor thats shorting. The RJH30E2.

Comment

Did you replace the Y-buffer when you replaced the X-main and Y-main? If so, I'm not sure if you got a bad buffer or something else is wrong.
                                    Last edited by capkid; 06-18-2014, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I just recieved the new parts, y buffer, y main, and x main. Should i have also replaced the x buffer? I also got a new psu board just in case.

Comment

Did you do at least a visual inspection of the board. I had one X-buffer fail on me: Fuse was blown along with a few burned components, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Im afraid i'm not inspecting it properly. I can post a picture later of the buffer and you could point out what i should look at?

Comment

Working...
                                          X