Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi ALL!

Comment

Hi all , proud to be member in this helpful and fructuous forum

Comment

HI there all the hardworking technicians out there. its friday dont rage on a laptop giving you grief lol but if someone knows how to help with bios master password thread -1F5A will make my friday a helll of a lot better

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello all!

I'm a Spanish computer enthusiast... I have been involved with computers since I was 8 (with old ZX Spectrum). That led me to study Electronics Engineering, but I could not finish it (job and family took all my time so no time to study ).

I have been reading over here sometimes over the years... (badcaps on Epox and Abit motherboards, anyone here remember that?) and now I want to put my theoretical knowledge into practice, getting practice with the solder iron, learning, as a hobby, and this seems a perfect place to learn and share what I know.

I have registered because I want to deal with an IP-51135T(V) board with several Capxon capacitors that dried electrolyte. This board is the power supply and inverter for my 20'' Samsung LCD TV (LE20S51BP) and I suspect this is the reason why the TV doesn't power on (LED power changes to on for a second, and then it turns off back again).

I want to re-use that TV... I know it is old, but I've got the wall stand and buying a new LCD TV + wall stand is about 200-250$, too much for small bedroom.

I know it can be repaired for 10-20$ in material, and also enjoy the process of doing it on my own

Comment

Hello to everyone, I'm coming from Bosnia and I'm working in computer workshop fixing computers and other related electronics all day long

Comment

Hello, I have a Samsung 266CW LCD monitor with some bad capacitors and while researching how to fix this specific piece of hardware, I've realized that I have a lot of other hardware that is also probably bad due to bad caps, so I'm going to put some time & effort into learning about caps in order to possibly repair these other pieces of hardware.

Comment

Hello.

Comment

HI ALL, I just picked up a used sony kdl-34z4100 for $250 from its previous owner, only bad thing is that it has a saturated look to the video, and the white color is missing, white people looks like they have been getting spray tans, but from my research so far and viewing other threads its something wrong with the gamma IC or tcon board entirely. So im going to start a new thread and see what help I can get. Im all about fixing things that shouldnt be thrown away just yet. Salvaged a 2010 15 in macbook pro where the screen was caved in and display glass shattered and replaced a couple bad capacitors on a 32in samsung LCD that I got for FREE from work 3 years back and has been great ever since.

Comment

Hi there!!

I'm from Europe,and my main hobby is to brick something...then i try it to repair:-))

Cheers everyone on the forum...

Comment

Hello, guys!

Comment

Hi to everyone on Badcaps.net

I have a long history with capacitors. One of my first jobs was working for a capacitor distributor in the UK. We supplied every kind of capacitor you can imagine. I even had the chance to see the Union Carbide tantalum capacitor factory in the north of England.

My more recent area of interest is to stop perfectly repairable electronic equipment from filling landfills. It's extraordinary how often faulty electrolytic capacitors are the problem. And that's because the manufacturers try and save every last cent they can and specify poor quality components. My preferred manufacturer is always Panasonic. Nichicon (United Chemi-Con, Europe Chemi-Con - same company) are a close second.

So, manufacturers of the world, stop using bad capacitors!

Comment

Hello, I'm Shawn, I've used some of these forums to help troubleshoot various issues that I've had in the past. So finally got around to registering

Comment

hello

Comment

Aloha,
                                  I'm an enthusiast with some experience building midi controllers, computers, motorcycle wiring and auto security systems. I have an issue with my led tv, and thankful for this great resource. Before I post, I'll do some reading....

Comment

Hi my name is Ritch and I have a Samsung Plasma TV issue I was hoping to get some advice on fixing from this forum. This is my intro post that will allow me to start a new thread.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Scott. I am a technology user and audiovisual systems design engineer. I have always been a tinkerer with simple circuits but I'm defiantly a system level guy. Last winter I decided to re-cap and modify a vintage audio amplifier I have had for years. Well, I caught the “bug” and now find myself researching and preparing for my next project this winter. As for my age, my next project is to re-cap and possibly mod an audio receiver I bought new when I was 18. That receiver is now classified as “Vintage.” Therefore, I guess, so am I…

I'm a novice, but I understand electronics and I have a real thirst to learn more. I hope to have some good discussions and used this forum further my new addiction.

Comment

Now on board from Kalispell, MT USA.

Comment

Hi. My name is Billy from Rome, Ga. Trying to repair a Westinghouse 32"

Comment

Working...
                                          X