Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanns G HG281D

Got this monitor today.

At first it was just coming on with a white screen. I took it apart and it looked like only half of the LVDS cable was actually plugged into the T-Con board so I cleaned it then re attached it. Put it all back together and it worked.

I tried it again later on and it went back to randomly giving a white screen and sometimes the screen came on but it would have noise on the screen which would go away if you turned the monitor on and off again.

I have tested the voltage regulators on the logic board and on the T-con board and they seem fine and they are the same when the monitor is at fault and when its working.

Anyone have any ideas?

P.s I will get the pictures of the boards up tomorrow.
    Attached Files
    Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
    Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Re: Hanns G HG281D

Originally posted by Jasgriff View Post
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Several. I have been helping people with this monitor since day 1 almost. See

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11329

After you read (get a cup of tea) everything and there are a few other threads on this monitor, you will find that I have come to conclusion that it runs temperature hot and warrants a complete recap of every board.
    Last edited by retiredcaps; 04-27-2012, 06:48 PM.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

After I posted my message I did search and noticed that there were some pretty large threads on this. I should have been reading those before posting. I think I will be able to drink many brew in the time its going to take me to read them all :-)

Comment

Changed all of the caps on the main board and it looks like it there are now no lines on the screen. It is still going white every now and again so I am going to re cap the power board and see how we get on.

Comment

Working...
        X