Clear All

Re: Panasonic tc-p50c2 1 blink

IC9304 https://cceparts.com/productdetail.a...y=PPTVRR222AAS

IC9001 https://cceparts.com/productdetail.a...y=PPTVRR214AAS

IC9304 http://www.partsimple.com/tvrr222aas-msc-n-13.html

IC9001 http://www.partsimple.com/tvrr214aas-msc-n-13.html

IC9304 http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...art=TVRR222AAS

IC9001 http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...art=TVRR214AAS
    Last edited by tw2005; 07-27-2013, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Hi tw2005:

Thank you for your quick reply, and a lot of useful information in your post - I never thought about ic9304 before.

I decided to swap the ic9001 eeprom and ic9304 flash chips between my bad a-board, and one of the "scrap" a-boards just to do some troubleshooting.

First I only swapped ic9001 between the two boards. Upon power up, BOTH boards displayed 1-blink error, so I wasn't sure what to make of it except that perhaps ic9001 and ic9304 must work together...

So my next step was to swap ic9304 between the boards... Same result. 1-blink error on both boards.

What other chip(s) would need to be swapped at the same time as part of the communication chain? It seems that swapping only the 2 chips has resulted in 1-blink error because of possible mismatch with other components?

Let me know what you think. I'm anxious to see what discoveries we can make to assist others with this problem.

Thanks.

Comment

First, this is my first post. Hello, and thanks for the information I've read already.

I have a 1 blink problem with a Panasonic TC-P42X1 that appears similar to the problem in this thread, so I hope it isn't considered a hijack.

I can sometimes start the TV by pressing the power button for about three seconds and releasing. This appears to clear the SOS. It may take two or ten times, but the TV will eventually power on. The SOS can also be cleared by unplugging and holding the power button for three seconds. I'm sure most know that already.

I have entered service mode and checked the service tool, and get OK for all parameters listed.

I opened the set and using the Panasonic Technical Guide, verified the Standby Circuit Operation (STB5V seems OK). Following the Power On Operation, I hear the relays click on, and then the trouble begins. From the Guide, "The Panel CPU on the A board outputs the “PANEL_MAIN_ON” Command (3.2V) to pin 11 of connector P25 on the P board." The 3.2V will appear for a second, then drop out, and a few seconds later the relays drop out and the 1 blink code starts. Of course, when the 3.2V appears and holds, the TV will start and operate normally.

So is it indeed a "communication error with IC9003" or something else? Is that a way of saying bad connection? I have removed the power board and looked for any obvious problems visually. I expected to find a fractured solder joint on a large component like a cap, due to vibration from the speakers, but it looked OK. The A board has few such components and I haven't removed it yet. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Unspun01 View Post
          Hi tw2005:

Thank you for your quick reply, and a lot of useful information in your post - I never thought about ic9304 before.

I decided to swap the ic9001 eeprom and ic9304 flash chips between my bad a-board, and one of the "scrap" a-boards just to do some troubleshooting.

First I only swapped ic9001 between the two boards. Upon power up, BOTH boards displayed 1-blink error, so I wasn't sure what to make of it except that perhaps ic9001 and ic9304 must work together...

So my next step was to swap ic9304 between the boards... Same result. 1-blink error on both boards.

What other chip(s) would need to be swapped at the same time as part of the communication chain? It seems that swapping only the 2 chips has resulted in 1-blink error because of possible mismatch with other components?

Let me know what you think. I'm anxious to see what discoveries we can make to assist others with this problem.

Thanks.
          Well that ruins my theory a little. I thought along the same lines that maybe there'd be a checksum or something between the chips.

Did you try with the original 9001 and swap just the 9304?

Other than that I have no idea really, what I found was just by chance really.

Comment

From the Technical Guide: "The CPU on the A board outputs the “TV_SUB_ON” Command (3.2V) and the PANEL_STB_ON” command (3.2V). The “TV_SUB_ON” command is provided to pin 6 of connector P7 of the power supply through pin 14 of connector A6 of the A board to develop the F_STB+15V. At this time the relays on the power supply are triggered and a “click” sound can be heard."

I tried to jumper the TV_SUB_ON pin over to the PANEL_MAIN_ON pin on the P board to see if the loss of the 3.2V at that pin was causing the TV to shut down. It didn't work. The TV still may or may not remain on, and when it does not remain on I still get the 1 blink code.

The manuals don't seem to fully explain what causes the 1 blink code, but I think there must be something other than a communication problem.

One other thing I noticed is the power to the A board for the Sub-Voltages is on the high side. They are shown as 14.6V, which is rather specific, or 15V nominal, but I measure 15.5V at P6 pins 7,8,9.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Bill

Comment

Hi tw2005:

I think swapping only ic9304 will be my next course of action.

As I indicated:

1) I first swapped only ic9001 between the 2 boards: 1 blink error on both boards.

2) in addition to ic9001, I then swapped ic9304 between the 2 boards: 1 blink error on both boards. I did not try the original ic9001 and just swapping ic9304.

I'll report back when I get the chance to test this.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi tw2005:

I think swapping only ic9304 will be my next course of action.

As I indicated:

1) I first swapped only ic9001 between the 2 boards: 1 blink error on both boards.

2) in addition to ic9001, I then swapped ic9304 between the 2 boards: 1 blink error on both boards. I did not try the original ic9001 and just swapping ic9304.

I'll report back when I get the chance to test this.

Thanks.
                Yes it's an intersting fault which I'd love to see someone have a go at working out.

In my case, unfortunately I could only prove the SOS 1 came across to the other board and IC9304 was part of that problem. I've stripped and damage to old board so I can't reverse what I did and to prove it was just that.

Comment

I can't find a reasonably priced A board to save my life. I have the dreaded 1 blink and from what I've read here and online, the A board is the culprit.

Comment

Tw2005 is correct. Its was an eeprom issue. . Sometimes this happens to these all in one a boards. My guess is some kind of static discharge or something like that.
                    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                      Tw2005 is correct. Its was an eeprom issue. . Sometimes this happens to these all in one a boards. My guess is some kind of static discharge or something like that.
                      I am? So did you repair one of these ordering a replacement chip?

Comment

I tried a replacement eeprom from another a board. Cant remember exactly what model it was but I got a picture but it was all mal discharge looking. I gave u p and replaced the board

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                          I tried a replacement eeprom from another a board. Cant remember exactly what model it was but I got a picture but it was all mal discharge looking. I gave u p and replaced the board
                          Did you get a photo? I'd be interested since that's where I ended up with mine too. ordered the exact dead eeprom for my model too so a big waste of $$ except the learning that SOS1 is potentially a simple eeprom replacement.

Comment

No never snapped a photo. Wish I did

Comment

so .. in facts , for years , we search for an STB 5V SENSE TIME-OUT , but that seems to not have an STB 5V SENSE anywhere on our boards ,
                              the best similar thing i have found in the schematic is the pin 38 of IC1100 '' SUB 5V sense '' ?

or i have just not yet find him .. i will go check somes test point if i can help , i will do it

''my setup is an TC-p42x1 With 1Blink SOS problem started after a brutal lost of electricity problem started occasionally then more and more frequent . now the set up just wont start anymore ,, only 1 blink sos ''
                              -possibly Switching transistor not working good

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                Yes it's an intersting fault which I'd love to see someone have a go at working out.

In my case, unfortunately I could only prove the SOS 1 came across to the other board and IC9304 was part of that problem. I've stripped and damage to old board so I can't reverse what I did and to prove it was just that.

Hi Everyone:

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I promised to write back one day with my findings regarding my 50" Panasonic Plasma TV (TC-50PX24) with 1x blink code in case this information helps someone else.

I repaired my board by replacing IC9304 (an 8 pin FLASH chip) on the bottom of my A-board TNPH0831 (suffix AS).

RECAP DETAILS:

Original A-board TNPH0831 (suffix AS) had standby power but any attempt to turn on the TV would shut TV down with 1X blink code. Extensive troubleshooting did not yield an answer, so I was planning to replace the entire board.

My plasma model is not common and I could not find a suitable replacement, but the 720p panel in my TV (MC127H36U13) is also in 50" plasma model TC-P50C2 so I thought I could use an A-board from that TV and cope without having a VGA connector... I never ended up doing that but it might work if someone needed an alternative...

My fix: I bought a non-working TNPH0831 board (suffix AS) on eBay for $20. It had no power and would not turn on the TV at all. I found 56 pin IC8502 (ST M29W128GL) had an internal short which brought down the 3.3V standby supply and hence why the TV was completely dead. Knowing IC8502 was bad, I assumed the other ICs and EEPROMS may be ok. I desoldered IC9304 from both my original 1x blink board, and the defective replacement board.

After I swapped IC9304 from the eBay board into my original board and re-installed the board into my TV for testing, it turned on. SUCCESS. It works great.

If you can't get one from a spare board, you can buy it here:

https://cceparts.com/productdetail.a...y=PPTVRR222AAS

I hope this helps anyone else troubleshooting a Panasonic Plasma with 1x blink code. And Thank you to TW2005 who first pointed me in the direction of IC9304.

Comment

Hi Everyone:

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I promised to write back one day with my findings regarding my 50" Panasonic Plasma TV (TC-50PX24) with 1x blink code in case this information helps someone else.

I repaired my board by replacing IC9304 (an 8 pin FLASH chip) on the bottom of my A-board TNPH0831 (suffix AS).

RECAP DETAILS:

Original A-board TNPH0831 (suffix AS) had standby power but any attempt to turn on the TV would shut TV down with 1X blink code. Extensive troubleshooting did not yield an answer, so I was planning to replace the entire board.

My plasma model is not common and I could not find a suitable replacement, but the 720p panel in my TV (MC127H36U13) is also in 50" plasma model TC-P50C2 so I thought I could use an A-board from that TV and cope without having a VGA connector... I never ended up doing that but it might work if someone needed an alternative...

My fix: I bought a non-working TNPH0831 board (suffix AS) on eBay for $20. It had no power and would not turn on the TV at all. I found 56 pin IC8502 (ST M29W128GL) had an internal short which brought down the 3.3V standby supply and hence why the TV was completely dead. Knowing IC8502 was bad, I assumed the other ICs and EEPROMS may be ok. I desoldered IC9304 from both my original 1x blink board, and the defective replacement board.

After I swapped IC9304 from the eBay board into my original board and re-installed the board into my TV for testing, it turned on. SUCCESS. It works great.

If you can't get one from a spare board, you can buy it here:

https://cceparts.com/productdetail.a...y=PPTVRR222AAS

I hope this helps anyone else troubleshooting a Panasonic Plasma with 1x blink code. And Thank you to TW2005 who first pointed me in the direction of IC9304.
                                  Nce, every now and then we get lucky. i've fixed a couple of the 2010 series now with a reflash from a working board. Had one where I fixed it, then flashed the original file to break it again and then back to working for fun. Did a comparison from a dump and a single character or values was incorrect in the file.

Best bit, the baords are not avaialble otherwise it was toast , but what a waste, nothing electrically wrong just crap data which cost me nothing to reload. Moved on now away from Plasmas, still have a couple of favourites tucked away

Comment

Working...
                                  X