Sceptre X9 Naga V Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sceptre X9 Naga V Monitors

After Reading I seem to have found the problem plaguing my 2 3 year old monitors.

Both had same symptoms and went out within a week of each other.

Others here with sceptre monitors and their power boards seem to have the same problems.

I have one disassembled and see two caps with the tops beginning to bulge.

So am I to understand that I should replace not only the two CapXon caps I see bulging, but all of them to prevent problems further down the road?

Re: Sceptre X9 Naga V Monitors

Yes all Crapxon caps should be replaced.
    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Originally posted by shademage
      So am I to understand that I should replace not only the two CapXon caps I see bulging, but all of them to prevent problems further down the road?
      also because caps also "silently" fail. they often just dry out causing the ESR to go high, producing heat the further dries the caps.

dont buy online kits. some monitors have kits which are just more crap. they like to include brands like xicon (radar shack's favorite brand, no low ESR caps available), and other crap brands. dont take out crap jut to put more crap in. pointless.
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft
        Yes all Crapxon caps should be replaced.
        Agree. Post the values of the caps you took out, and we can suggest replacements accordingly. Panasonic FC or FM series are widely used around here.
        And welcome to the forums.
        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
        • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
        • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
        • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
        • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
        • Windows 10 Pro x64
        • GeForce GT1050
          2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

our local sams club gets lizard lcd's in at times.
          6 months later we get a rash of them in to repair.full of capxon and samxon.all vented.but thats all i ever see wrong with them.

Comment

I also have a Sceptre X9G Naga V. Its power board has 2 bulging caps in the top right corner. I intend to replace all the caps, but first I need a wiring diagram for this board since it seems that C65 & R88 were blown clean off the board and I need to know what to replace them with. I do know that the remnants of the capacitor was that of an orange disc cap.

Here are some other details about the power board:

SOTAC Model HOAU462001 Rev 1.0.
            I did find a Rev 1.1 board from http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_...trans/zh-CN/en but I'm unsure how I can actually purchase it since I don't understand Chinese and Google Chrome's auto-translate function isn't helping too much.

There are 2 capacitors on this board that I can't seem to find in topcat's item mall and both of them are 470uF @ 35V.
            Last edited by AYourk; 05-09-2010, 11:37 AM. Reason: Clarify problem and add more info.

Comment

looks like the board in that auction has blown caps too.
              as for your 470/35 use panasonic fc,fm nichicon pw,rubycon zl,ect.
              post a pic of the damage.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have a camera. My board looks almost exactly like the auction pic except for Diode D19 exists in my Rev 1.0 board and doesn't exist in the pic. The Capacitor and Resistor that were blown off in my board are just right of center in the auction pic, near where Diode D19 would be. Also, where is a good solvent for all the white goop on the board that holds the components in for soldering? In order to discover which 2 components were blown off I had to scrape off this white stuff to get down to the board lettering. I see no major damage from the blown off parts.

Comment

In case it matters, I've attached the auction pic to this post.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It appears as though most of the posts for this board (HOAU462001 power supply for the Sceptre X9G Naga V) indicate C65 and C88 are missing. Here's my thought. Maybe they were part (the traces dont indicate it) of the original circuit design and later omitted (snipped out) by the mfr. Just my opinion. My board has the infamous bulging caps mentioned in other posts. The 5 volt supply is running (high ripple) but the HV supply is dead. A note.
                    There is about 165v both sides of the missing R65 with respect to the Q3 heat sink. Nice forum. Thanks to all.

Comment

Working...
                    X