Lelon OCR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lelon OCR

Can someone please tell me if this craps are indeed polymer?
    They are from my JetWay AGP 939P mobo.
    Any info is greatly appreciated…
    Attached Files

Re: Lelon OCR

The Lelon website says the OCR series are polymer units, but they are normally with a clear sleeve with the series, voltage and capacitance on the top.
    Could the blue units in the picture be fakes?
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

I recapped this mobo not too long ago, and what is interesting is that the CPU VRM in is at only 330uF and VRM out 1500uF 2.5v witch by spec might suggest perhaps they are?
      If so, did I make a mistake by using lytics with the same capacitance?
      Last edited by User; 05-15-2010, 09:28 PM.

Comment

when replacing lytics with polymers its OK to go down in capacitance somewhat.
        the other way around it's an absolute no-go to go with the same or lower capacitance.

however.. that's on VRM input. my gigabyte s775 boards i've got here all have relatively low total capacitance on VRM in. most of them have 4x 330 - 470uF 16V for in, and 9x (or even more) 820uF 2,5V for VRM out. (all polymer)

Comment

I should have paid more attention..
          It's very surprising how well it works even with mistake like that.

Comment

I'm gonna order Nichicon LE Digi-Key part# 493-3061-ND to replace 1500uF 2.5 v and for 330uF 16v the only thing I found was 493-3718-ND.
            Any one used these before?

Comment

Sorry. If I'd known thet these were on the board BEFORE I recommended rubycon lytics, I would have advised differently, but all you mentioned in the first post (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8747) was sacon FZ. I had no idea that there were polys on the board until after you had re-capped it.
              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

No problem, the fault was my own.
                Ruby caps will be reused in my other projects, so don't feel so bad

Comment

The 470uF 16v are Sacon FZ. JetWay used poly for CPU only the rest were all lytics.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X