portable AC capacitor, good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

portable AC capacitor, good or bad?

i got a soleus portable heat & air unit and there's a problem with the heat. i've tried many troubleshooting procedures and am now down to capacitor issues. so here it goes. the cooling part works just fine, but when i turn on the heater, i only get slight warm air from the unit even though the fan runs full. i opened up the unit and the metal grill that is supposed to generate heat is connected to a large capacitor, the same one that the AC unit is connected to. Because the cooling runs fine, does that mean the capacitor is good or are there still doubts that the capacitor could be bad that's why the heater won't generate enough heat? by the way, here is the info on the capacitor, CBB65 60uf+-5%, 270vac 50/60hz sh c.p1 40/70/21. any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Re: portable AC capacitor, good or bad?

some pics would help.
    and a location.sounds like a foreign brand.but may have a u.s version someone here is familiar with.

Comment

Re: portable AC capacitor, good or bad?

A heating grid is purely resistive, and shouldn't need any capacitor attached, unless it has some kind of PWM circuit to control current flow into the grid. If you can get some pics of the grill and wiring setup, that would help a lot.

Comment

Working...
      X