Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite P750-103 no internal Video

Hi.

I believe this is my first new thread on this forum, I've been around for a few years but today I decided to post my problem to see if someone can help.

I'm wrapping my head around a Toshiba Sat P750-103 that seems to work correctly on external displays but not the internal.

Tests I've made:
    - I connect a VGA and HDMI display they work correctly but there is no picture in the internal display (it lights up, but no picture).
    - I've replaced the internal LCD cable (the first one I received was bad, it displayed horizontal random lines and other typical cable problems, and the second one does exactly the same as the original)
    - I've tested this display on other notebook that has a cracked display and it works correctly (presently I don't have other display the test the other way around)

In a normal situation I would replace the VGA chip on the motherboard, but in this case, this notebook has dual graphics card (processor+dedicated) and I haven't been able to get picture even when forcing each one.

In this dual graphics notebooks, what controls what goes into the displays? Is there a controlling chip that switches from one source to the other?

I haven't yet come across a processor that is compatible with this one so I could test with a different CPU.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Re: Toshiba Satellite P750-103 no internal Video

99% dedicated vga.. try to reflow to confirm... if CPU vga is dead usually it wont boot at all
    Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion.

So, the dedicated VGA chip controls what goes to the displays, even when it comes from the CPU VGA?

I will try the reflow, if it works I can replace the chip.

Cheers.

Comment

Long time passed...

Bad luck with the reflow, damaged the board.

Ordered a replacement board and the notebook is working again.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X