Need pce-tur capacitor datasheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need pce-tur capacitor datasheet

The caps are 1500uf 16v pce-tur capacitors, markings pce-tur 105C 08-01.
    Can't find neither the datasheet nor the manufacturer website. Are these low esr or GP caps?
    Guns don't solve problems. I'll take 12

Re: Need pce-tur capacitor datasheet

What are these capacitors being used in?
    For a linear power supply, general purpose units are fine, but for switching power supplies, low-ESR units are required.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

They aren't used yet
      Got my hands on some of these for 3c each and I'm thinking of using them of trial recaps to see if something will work after recap then replace them with good brands but I wouldn't want to put them in a mobo and risk damaging a mosfet or something.

Comment

Might help your search

PCE is not the name of the manufacturer. The capacitor of a company called "CEC International Holdings Limited". CEC please refer to the item.

Capacitor mainly see: PCE-TUX, PCE-TUR, PCE-TUL, PCE-TUT JPCE PCE
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by Koda View Post
          They aren't used yet
          Got my hands on some of these for 3c each and I'm thinking of using them of trial recaps to see if something will work after recap then replace them with good brands but I wouldn't want to put them in a mobo and risk damaging a mosfet or something.
          they are junk... thats a crap brand.

just so you know.
          sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Yeah, pretty much got that, that's why I will use them for trial recaps. Also found out that the tur series are GP and the tul series are low esr type.

Comment

So far I've only seen those PCE-TU_ caps in very old Seasonic PSUs.

They were still fine (visually), and there were no stability problems yet, but I've replaced them anyways cause I couldn't really find anything good about them on the net..

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
                So far I've only seen those PCE-TU_ caps in very old Seasonic PSUs.

They were still fine (visually), and there were no stability problems yet, but I've replaced them anyways cause I couldn't really find anything good about them on the net..
                Enermax also used to use them.

If anyone finds datasheets let me know!

EDIT: Had a bit of a search around and... Jackpot!

CEC Datasheets now here: http://starwatcher-circuits.net23.ne...C/CEC/CEC.html
                Last edited by Agent24; 03-01-2012, 06:32 PM.
                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                -David VanHorn

Comment

Thanks man!!! Killed myself searching for those datasheets. How did you find them? And one more thing... there are no 1500uf in the tur series datasheet and I have those.

Comment

They were in the web archive. I did a search for PDFs in http://www.0759.com

The only ones that seemed to be there were from 2004 (but there were many more archives of just the web page themselves) so it's possible the 1500uF came later or is a non-standard size for that series.

In any case if you measure the can size of yours and then see what values of ripple correspond to that size for the next closest values you will get some idea of what their rating should be.

But those JPCE capacitors are a tricky one... the list from 2004 on that site shows only the datasheets I have, but there are photographs of other series like TUT which aren't listed there. Whether that is a newer series or made by a different company and rebranded for CEC or something I don't know. That Japanese capacitor list site says something about the CEC capacitors maybe having something to do with Samsung, But Google can't translate well so I don't know what that is actually about.

If anyone finds or has newer datasheets let me know and I'll put them on the site
                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

I actually read somewhere that these caps can be quite reliable although not of the best quality.

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread, just wanted to report that I bought 20 of these Pce-tul caps, 1000uF / 25V.
                        Comparing them with the usual chinese junk, they are pretty good.
                        In my country it is impossible to get Nichicon, United Chemicon, Rubycon for example.
                        The CEC caps are somewhat higher and smaller, making them OK for power supply's but for LCD monitors I think the won't fit.

Cheers.

Comment

Which country is that?
                          -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                            Which country is that?
                            South America.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=173
                            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

What about this guy? http://myworld.ebay.com/egekecu/

Seems to ship worldwide for free. Can't get much better than that.
                              -David VanHorn

Comment

I have sent a few capacitors at a time to people that needed them here on the forums, not making a business out of it just trying to help when I can.

It would cost me about 1.6$ in postage to send about 4-5 capacitors to South Africa... it's strictly a weight issue. Once I'd get over 50 grams or so of weight, it goes up to about 3$ in postage.

If you need something in particular, feel free to ask me and if I have here what you want, I can give them to you at the original digikey price.

Otherwise, might wanna check RS-Online, they have a "South Africa" site but not sure about the shipping fees : http://za.rs-online.com/web/?%20&cm_..._-MainWorldMap

The "Export" site of Farnell may also be working for you but again not sure about the shipping fees, best thing would be to make an accound and check (or easier get into live chat with them).

http://export.farnell.com/jsp/home/h...n_EX_DIRECTEXP

I know for me in Romania, the shipping fees are very reasonable.. 20 RON (~ 6$ / 4 Euro) no matter how small or large the order is...

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                                  It would cost me about 1.6$ in postage to send about 4-5 capacitors to South Africa... it's strictly a weight issue. Once I'd get over 50 grams or so of weight, it goes up to about 3$ in postage.

Otherwise, might wanna check RS-Online, they have a "South Africa" site but not sure about the shipping fees
                                  South America ≠ South Africa

But I don't think we know specifically which country in South America he's in?

I would say the big name companies would ship but probably for too much money. Even to New Zealand, DigiKey is a total ripoff.
                                  -David VanHorn

Comment

Hmmm ... why the hell did I read South Africa? I guess that's what happens when you just wake up and start posting.

Anyway, it doesn't make a difference, outside the European Union the postage is about the same so if he needs something particular, I may be able to help.

But I guess the links are not suitable anymore.

Recycler, go to rs-online.com and farnell.com and click on the "South America" links or whatever your country is and see the shipping terms and costs - both are good online stores with quality parts.

Comment

Working...
                                    X