Akai dv p2500 circuit manual needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akai dv p2500 circuit manual needed

hi just been given one of these but someones been here before start up cap missing and two resistors burnt out (was covered in the brown conductive glue) so i could do with help finding a free manual if possible mainly of the psu the only marking on the psu is D1-438103-02 any hel appreciated cheers vince

Re: Akai dv p2500 circuit manual needed

Cant spot any schematics you could just try a standard sort of start up 25v 68ohm
    or 50v 68ohm. Resistors may be more difficult - did you try and measure them - no signs of any colour rings - perhaps still intact under the glue?
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I'm getting a few discs of manuals from some friends in the repair industry. I'll see if I can get any from there.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

cheers guys just removed them pretty sure the resistors are both 470k ohms 1 defently open circuit i can see the colour marking on the one resistor on the underside no glue got to that bit lol so i will try a 50volt 68uf cap as selldoor suggested as i have one of them just got to find 2 resistors now and a fuse as someone has robbed the mains plug one.

Comment

Perhaps try it with the 60watt 250v bulb to save anything blowing again.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

true never thought of that.

Comment

For a DVD player I'd use a 25W or 40W bulb, because it uses very little power and will still likely work with one.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

tom the 2 resistors i need maplin will have them (going to a shop right next door shortly) but not sure what watt i need there defently 470k ohm the body of the resistor is 6mm long by 2mm wide through hole so very small what watt would be your guess.
                thanks for the tip on the bulb wattage.

Comment

6mm x2mm is usually 0.25watt

http://forums.maxima.org/7575716-post19.html
                  Last edited by selldoor; 01-15-2013, 06:55 AM.

Comment

cheers for that selldoor will pick some up shortly

Comment

a update i picked up 2 resistors from maplin whilst i was in town and put them in ok i then went to salvage as many screws as i could from inside the dvd case (owner of the dvd unit just threw them inside cover screws as well) when i tipped it up to remove the screws the start up capacitor suddenly appeared it was a 25 volt 22uf which actually tested ok so i put it back on the power board psu the unit fired up ok no problems but no matter how many times i clean the laser head it will not read all disks at all and skips when it does play them so guess the lasers knackered so i will just salavage the psu board and remote control for other projects.
                      on a good note though just picked a black dell 19in E193FPP lcd monitor up from local freecycle works 100% great no issues yet.

Comment

More spares eh! you will be in bother - I have been promised my freecycle 22 inch tomorrow - came back when I had given up hope - so I will be in bother as well

Comment

well when the other half was not in i snuck the psu board in the outside shed as i know she wont go in there as i have told her there spiders in there lol so she wont even open the door! hope you have good luck with the 22in tomorrow hope its a easy fix/or is working already.

Comment

Working...
                          X