Magnavox 32MF301B/F7 board swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnavox 32MF301B/F7 board swap

This Magnavox TV doesn't power on at all. It was very obvious why right when I opened it, the fuse is blown. And it looks like an extremely low quality power board. I'm guessing there are some shorted diodes somewhere and that the fuse would just blow again if replaced. The customer wants the TV back ASAP, so I was just going to do a board swap and replace the 85C caps.

The stock board is a BA17F8F0102 2 and the one I'm looking at online is a BA17F1F0102 5. It looks to be the same type of board with a smaller caps and a nichicon primary instead of HEC... Should it work correctly?
    Attached Files

Re: Magnavox 32MF301B/F7 board swap

I can't see why it wouldn't work.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Just wanted to make sure, not a TV expert haha. I'm surprised Magnavox would use such a cheap board. Or is this just a rebranded "Funai" set?

Comment

I would at least try the fuse. I had two of these exact boards that were indeed bad but did not have a blown fuse. The one I did get in with a blown fuse had been through a lightning power surge and it was indeed just the fuse. Pretty quick fix.

Both of the boards I replace had very obvious heat damage on them which yours does not have.

Anyway, based on my experience I'd sacrifice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
          Just wanted to make sure, not a TV expert haha. I'm surprised Magnavox would use such a cheap board. Or is this just a rebranded "Funai" set?
          Rebranded. There is a Phillips, Magnavox, and Emerson model that are all exactly the same set. I've had one of each unfortunately.

Heck if nothing else, jump the fuse temporarily to see if it powers up. What's the worst that can happen, smoke?

J/K of course

In all seriousness though try the fuse.
          Last edited by aaronwt6; 08-22-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Don't jumper the fuse. You can replace it with a new one, but DON'T jumper it!
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Haha alright thanks I'll look around my pile of scrap to see if I can find a suitable fuse

Comment

One of those that blow out the power MOSFET and related conponents around it, look for shorted Diode in the secondary side or the load which more likely to cause this simple two-transistor switching power supply to fail.
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  Don't jumper the fuse. You can replace it with a new one, but DON'T jumper it!
                  I really should have changed that completely. I was trying to joke around. Bad idea.

Comment

I was looking for a new main board for this model and was surprised at all the different board numbers, does anyone know why, and if they are interchangeable.
                    Strike that, I'm sure no one could make that assumption given the limited info
                    Last edited by evelhorn; 11-11-2016, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I found plenty of boards for this tv I was looking for tv in my area and this tv had a working screen for 25 bucks great find it has a slight solarizing but the there is something wrong with the color i adjusted it as much as I could . There is some solarization in some sceenes then others there is none at all. So Im not sure I ordered a main board for 10 bucks was ultra cheap from some parts store . I wanted to go cheap since I have a knack for fixing things I said wth im in . If i dont like it Im only out of 25 bucks plus this 7 dollar main. Not bad .

Comment

tv only had software freeze cause it locked up when i first got it in dvd mode and only the power button worked . Then I got a suggestion remove dvd cables did that and the software glitch when I first got it is gone and it works flawlessly even the dvd player works awsome find for 25 bucks considering most used tvs in this range for 89 to 120 at pawn shops for 32 incher. I think the main for 7 bucks is well spent cause these boards should last long enough for me if I decide i want a different tv . But It beats watching the projection tv my girl wanted to watch I told her lcd and led put better picture quality . So im gonna fix this with main Im sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X