Fixed Samsung 22" LED TV (LT22A300) with *missing* backlight cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Samsung 22" LED TV (LT22A300) with *missing* backlight cable

Guy I got this off borrowed the LVDS and backlight cables. Had it on the backburner for nearly a year.

Original apparent fault was shorted diode and blown fuse. Diode was on secondary so no idea why primary fuse was blown. Maybe a coincidence or lots of on/off cycles trying to get it to work?

I managed to get an LVDS cable easily enough from a smashed 22" Technika set. It also had a partially compatible backlight cable - the end connected to the panel fit fine, but the power supply end was different.

With a look at the panel datasheet:

And a schematic from another PSU using OZ9998:
    http://hsto.org/getpro/habr/post_ima...93e1b46374.gif

And at the power board, I was able to determine the inner two pins are the +45V supply LED anodes, and the outer pins are the LED cathodes. There are four cathodes, with the anodes all connected together. Each cathode sinks about 50mA, and the OZ9998 controller chip.

As for picture quality, it's not too bad. It's about what you expect from an LCD. It does go quite bright. And it only uses 19W at full brightness (half o that is the backlight), which is amazing compared to CCFL-LCD and CRT TVs.
    Last edited by tom66; 01-10-2015, 02:15 PM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Re: Fixed Samsung 22" LED TV (LT22A300) with *missing* backlight cable

Photos attached
    Attached Files
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Re: Fixed Samsung 22" LED TV (LT22A300) with *missing* backlight cable

Nice to see it's fixed tom a year later after I fixed mine I kept looking for you but I would think there very rare to find a cracked screen tv of this model

Comment

Working...
      X