Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avoid "free" security software, even from reputable companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid "free" security software, even from reputable companies?

http://www.myce.com/news/european-cy...Speed=noscript
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Avoid "free" security software, even from reputable companies?

Ahh, seems like a shameless scare tactic to get more people to blow money on A/V software.

Frankly I have seen everything from norton to nod32, and still get machines that are all fucked up.

The free versions of commercial products offer decent protection for most home users, I mean they are going to fuck up their machine anyways due to their uneducated ass.

Comment

i think i will keep using ClamAV thank you!
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

ClamAV is on-demand only, no?
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
          ClamAV is on-demand only, no?
          yes, but the win32 .exe files i handle stay on my server for a day or two, and its a nightly clamAV scan started by CRON.
          Last edited by goontron; 05-25-2014, 09:59 PM.
          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

you only need to scan your download folder,
            it's not like files magically appear on your drive.

unless yur stupid and let your app's auto-update themselves.

Comment

Working...
            X