dell 1d3b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell 1d3b

A customer opted to buy a new computer instead of having the screen and harddrive replaced so they let us have it. Does anyone have any idea on how to get by the password without shorting out the flash chip or removing it?

Re: dell 1d3b

Originally posted by Iced.Earth View Post
    A customer opted to buy a new computer instead of having the screen and harddrive replaced so they let us have it. Does anyone have any idea on how to get by the password without shorting out the flash chip or removing it?
    Ask the customer?
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Re: dell 1d3b

We did not get it off of him. He just wanted us to look at it and see how much it would be to fix and if it was over our standard labor, he would just get a new one. I work for a business so we mark up the parts. Off the bat you could tell his screen was shattered. So I pulled his hdd out and ran it through a few tests on my bench and it failed. I called him, gave him the news and he said that he would just get a new one. At that point I told him I could waive the diagnostic fee and recycle it for him and he said that was fine.

Comment

Working...
      X