XFX GeForce 8600GT Caps and some mosfet gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XFX GeForce 8600GT Caps and some mosfet gone

I have one old video card XFX GeForce 8600GT. It got a lot caps gone and i think some mosfets are short. Capacitors is not a problem i have already found a replacements in farnell.com but mosfets are the biggest question for me. When i test a mosfets it looks like 3 of them are short. I have taken photos of them.
    There is a two different type of mosfets two of them is D412 and another one is D9020 2L.
    For one of them i have found datasheet: http://www.ic-on-line.cn/view_online...07_4318425.pdf
    Other two was more diffcult to find a datasheet so i have got something from one russian website. I have included in attachements.
    So the main question: If i cannot find exact replacement for mosfet what specifications can be slightly different? I think i have found exact one but it costs alot of money but there is other ones much cheaper with slightly different values. So in my case what values i should focus on and which ones is not so important?
    By the way all bad caps is a cheap Sacon FZ series
    Attached Files

Re: XFX GeForce 8600GT Caps and some mosfet gone

MOSFETs are extremely rugged. Chances are very low that any of them are shorted unless there's some obvious physical damage. Chances are that the chip they drive is shorted. Pull the MOSFETs and test them out of circuit. Then test the pads and capacitors for shorts.
    sig files are for morons

Comment

I would try and replace the caps and see if it works, and you should replace all those FZ caps. Only then if it doesn't work you should try replacing the mosfets.
      Guns don't solve problems. I'll take 12

Comment

Thanks for advices. Today i have ordered capacitors from farnell. When it arrives i will try to change capacitors and then i will update with information what happened.
        Thanks again for advices.

Comment

Some news about your card?

Comment

Thread revival fail.

Please let sleeping threads lie in peace.
            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
              Thread revival fail.

Please let sleeping threads lie in peace.
              Why?
              The OP never posted back whether new caps resolved his issue. So IMO Guti904's revival is not unreasonable. Perhaps he may have the same or similar issue and maybe that's why he's interested in this thread.

(I know I'm not a mod or anything like that, but just stating my opinion if you don't mind).

Comment

I agree, especially on a forum like this there is nothing wrong with reviving old threads.
                It's not like the knowledge on how to fix something changes with time, like it for example may on a software oriented forum.
                "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Exactly I have a similar problem with my card, that's the reason of my question...

Comment

Working...
                  X