Poloroid TDA -03211C- - - -Power Board IPOS 150 Ver. 1.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poloroid TDA -03211C- - - -Power Board IPOS 150 Ver. 1.8

Did you check the transistors? Doesn't sound like it but didn't see you mention it. It could be an IC as they can have issues with being intermittent.
    Last edited by nfiniti9; 05-15-2011, 12:05 PM.

Comment

I would love to find a schematic of this board but I never could find one. I'll keep searching components on this board.
      The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

I repaired a tv with the same power supply, it was an acoustic solutions brand tv, the doide as mentioned earlier in the post was shorted, I replaced with a much larger 600v diode that I had already, set worked great for a few days but has now gone short also! the fitted diode was HER304, I replaced it with 6A4MIC which is rated at 600v, anyway I have ordered HER305 in the hope that the one I fitted was not upto the job? fingers crossed nothing else is messing the diode up!

Ronnie
        sigpic

Comment

This one had an HER 304 in it. It tested fine but for the heck of it, I changed it out with another HER304. I'm running out of ideas. There has to be a reason why this board LED is on. By the way, I checked some other threads here and there was one mention of this LED blinking. This is not the case with this set as it is on steady. As I stated before, when this set is working, the LED is off. This must be some diagnostic LED that the service manual would explain probably - If there is one.
          The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

After a long search for a service manual, I finally found one. Not the exact same unit but there are multiple units here with the same boards.

http://www.polaroidsupport.com/polaroid/en_us-sm.html

Too bad it has very little information. Nothing usable.
            Last edited by Dgtech; 05-15-2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

When I get the new diode will report back what the led does in standby and power on to see if it helps you

cheers Ronnie
              sigpic

Comment

Here is a video of what this set is doing. It is dark so you can see when this LED turns on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT3-XAJuOUg

Comment

Originally posted by Dgtech View Post
                  Here is a video of what this set is doing. It is dark so you can see when this LED turns on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT3-XAJuOUg

Comment

I'm sure when mine worked the diode was lit! but will confirm when the new diode gets here, should be today

Ronnie
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok, got it up and running again! the led does not light at anytime, standby or on, hope that helps in some way

thanks Ronnie
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that confirms that my set is screwed.

Comment

This one had an HER 304 in it. It tested fine but for the heck of it, I changed it out with another HER304. I'm running out of ideas. There has to be a reason why this board LED is on. By the way, I checked some other threads here and there was one mention of this LED blinking. This is not the case with this set as it is on steady. As I stated before, when this set is working, the LED is off. This must be some diagnostic LED that the service manual would explain probably - If there is one.
                          Can you tell me which post you read about the LED blinking on the power supply?

Comment

DGTECH did you ever find a solution on this set? I have one with the same exact symptoms. Powers up for a few seconds, then the backlight goes off, and the red led on the supply comes on.

Thanks,

Comment

No I did not. It's still sitting on the side of my shop. I was just about to jump back into this one now that some free time has become available. I just finished up a Samsung 40 inch.

Comment

Started back working on this and got a little bit further but stuck again in about the same spot you are... I eventually got my back light to turn on because I found a connection problem at the quick connect to the power board and to the back lights, it was damaged. Once it turned on for the first time it flashed then went black and the small LED began to blink. After messing with the connection some the back light would stay on completely...But once I got ready to put it back together checked it once more and the backlight flashed again then the LED started to blink. I decided to just by past the connector and solder the wire straight to the board. It still flashes but now the LED stays red... So I'm thinkin that the LED could be an indicator if there's a bad connection but I can't find one.. Hope that might help. Let me kno if you find the answer to the prob.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Every little bit helps. That just gave me a clue of what to check next. It's gonna suck but I'm thinking that I need to check the connection at the lamps. Now that I recall, I remember hearing a small zap sound on power up every time. Maybe this is a little arching sound at the lamps. I dont know when I'll get around to checking this. I just got two more sets that I'm working on now. A westinghouse 32 and a vizio 42. I might go and pick up a polaroid flm 3201 tomorrow. They're droppin like flies.

Comment

I would love to find a schematic of this board but I never could find one. I'll keep searching components on this board.
                                    I found some schematics and service manuals on this site:

http://www.polaroidsupport.com/polaroid/en_us-sm.html

I dont know how helpful they will be but thats all I could find.

Comment

Fixed mine. Replaced the three 10pf 3kv ceramic caps near the backlight connector. So far the set has been on and working for the last half hour, which is about 27 minutes longer than I have ever had that backlight stay on. Guess I should go buy a few of these and put them in the set instead of the ones I stole off of an old lcd monitor PS board.

FYI my set is an Element FLX-3210 with this board in it. Had the same backlight lights up for a minute or two, and then shut off leaving the red led on the PS board blinking problem.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I have the same problem, replaced Power supply together with the main unit from shopjimmy.com and still with the same problem, so it looks like a problem with the backlights lamps, glad if I find the schematic of the power supply to modify it to put it to work.

Comment

I fixed my unit power supply led blinking.
                                          Removed lcd panel dsimount it completely carefully lot of screws to be removed,
                                          Get into the lamps pull the lamps a little, and found arcing area on the board where one of the lamps is soldered, used a knife to remove carbonized area and cleaned totally, put some HV tape for insulation, mount everything back together with a lot of patience and get it to work perfectly.
                                          hope this helps to other people.

Comment

Working...
                                          X