This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I'm new to forum. I have learned quite a bit and I look forward to adding what I know to help anyone out. I have more book knowledge than practical experience with electronics but I'm looking to branch out.

David

Comment

I'm a new member to this forum. I am retired and 72 years old. I have been building computers since the late 70's starting with an Apple 2+. Used imported bare mobo's and built them from scratch with socketed TTL chips, coped rom's and home made cabinets. I progressed through the evolution of over 40 years.

Comment

Hello from Central Alabama!

Comment

Hello everyone, I've got an electronics background and this looks like the perfect place to get some feedback on some tv repairs.

Comment

Hi, I'm handy with electronics. Fixed my vcr remote back in the day. (It was extra solder that spilled over a contact.) Hoping to learn how to fix the TV with the forum's help.

Comment

Considering I am a n00b myself, do I have the cred to welcome the new souls onboard? Gentlemen, ladies & others - welcome aboard!

May your search for truth, knowledge and light forever yield results on these streets!

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello badcaps...

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello from the Carolinas. Came here researching a problem with my Panasonic TH-46PZ850u Plasma 46" TV. Got the famous 10-blink code (which now shows up more as a 2-blink code). One, very informative, UTube video seems to indicate this is a bad capacitor problem on the power supply board. So far I've tried detaching my cable box, hard-resetting the TV via the Power button, but the problem persists. No computer or Home Theatre system attached, so moving to any other HDMI input also did not solve it.

Next step appears to be trying to freeze that MCx01 IC, as shown in the video, then most likely replacing the bad cap on this tiny circuit board. Apparently, it's a 1 uF 50V electrolytic cap that's needed.

Comment

Been involved in tech since first experimenting as a teen in the early 70's.

Primarily involved with programming and marketing now, though a fair amount of PC & Network repair for my clients, and as is the case in the moment - some consumer electronics repair.

Comment

Hello from Colorado! Just a new guy here looking to get a bit better at simple electronics repair.

Comment

Hi from downunder! I'm tired of seeing broken stuff just chucked out because no one bothers to fix stuff these days. Anyway I'm hoping to learn some simple electronics repair and maybe progress to more complicated stuff.

Comment

Howdy! newbie here from Youngstown, Ohio. I have a background in electronics a degree in computers and work in industrial maintenance.

Comment

Hi everyone!! Here to expand my handiness and see if I can add some electronic repairs and troubleshooting to my list of things I'm comfortable working with.

Comment

Hi folks,

I'm an electrical engineer in Madison Alabama. I found this site when searching for solutions for fixing my 60" Plasma (LG 60PC1D). Excellent site and I've learned a lot. Being an engineer I couldn't live with tossing the TV. I'm very impressed with the knowledge base here and hope that I can learn more and hopefully contribute as well.

Cary

Comment

Hi everyone!!!

Comment

HI!
                                      I have problem finding ST02-170 diode for my Panasonic plazma....if anyone there can help I will appreciate that...thanks

Comment

Hi guys and gals, im Jon in the UK im an it tech and general geek, looking for help with a graphics card capacitor.

Comment

Heya people,

Came across this forum while searching solution to repair a broken subwoofer.

A little about me, got educated in the scientific side of things - condensed matter physics, but always appreciated the practical part in it. My practical experiences up to now had been understanding and operating super specific crazy lab tools for example to measure the electrical and magnetic structure of novel materials.

Now with my first "real-life job", I'm surrounded by mechanical and electrical guys, which was a good opportunity to start learning using a driller and understand the basics of a consumer-type PCB. So from laboratory rat I'm turning more in more into a noob hacker, trying to repair broken phones, subwoofers and even a dishwasher ^^

Bear with me and looking forward to learn something especially on the HiFi side in which I'm really into!!

Cheers
                                          Mocuishle

Comment

Working...
                                          X