Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got me a new Epox board, hopefully they keep building them like this.. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just got me a new Epox board, hopefully they keep building them like this..

the way i fight teapo is to get rid of it completely of my mobos and psus though all caps will be bad caps eventually..
    days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Just saw a link to a review of one of Epox newer boards on The Inq... It's using TEAPO caps for the memory layout so to hell with them, I say like trodas:

KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!!

http://www.overclockersonline.com/in...num=392&pnum=4
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

sure...
        Attached Files

Comment

To the right of the badly placed connectors tells us that this motherboard has a three-phase MOSFET power conditioning system. There are some motherboards out there with eight-phase power but three-phase power should be stable enough for some overclocking.

Speaking of power, EPoX has used only high quality Sanyo and Teapo capacitors.
          now you decide. but all my bad teapos are from 2003 or older..

Comment

I'd like to add to this and say that my EPoX 8RDA3I Pro (socket 462/A) has Rubies around the CPU socket and Panasonics elsewhere, with the obligatory few tiny G-Luxons. Well-built board. (I'll give you the models and ratings once I get the board out/machine off.)
            You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.
            Why I don't buy cheap cases!

Comment

i bet that rubies are purple (or black) MBZ. i never see Epox board with Pannys caps.. at least with my own eyes. my 9npa+ ultra also have tiny g-luxon and teapo, for now i think they aren't urgent to be recapped.

i'm thinking that Epox = AMD = a bad company with good products !!!

Comment

Just got another S939 Epox board from newegg yesterday.. Model number 9GF6100-M...

It almost makes tears come to my eyes, the sheer perfectness of the caps on the board.. ;-) Pure Rubycon MBZ in the CPU VRM, on both the input and output sides.. The rest of the major electrolytics (RAM VRM, chipset VRM) are either Rubycon MBZ or Sanyo WG... There are two small (220uF) teapos right by the ATX connector, but i can deal with those, black jacketed Teapo at that.. At least if they do fail, they're easy to replace..

For a S939 microATX board, it has about the same "tweaking" functionality as it's big brother, my 9NPA+ .. It has full voltage tweaking, Vcore, Vdimm, Vchipset, HT multiplier changes, in both up and down directions for the chipset HT link, and for the CPU to chipset link.

When all's said and done, i'm rebuilding my main rig to be microATX, using this board as the foundation.. It'll have a X2 4800+, 3GB of Corsair Value select RAM, an X850XT, a total of 700G of HD space in Seagate 7200.9 drives..

Now i just have to get brave enough to start pulling my old rig apart..

Comment

I would still recommend to replace the Teapos before using the board - we all seen how they ended up and when your new rig is up and running, you certainly don't want it to stop for recap.

There is only a slight chance these Teapos won't fail miserably. I would not take it, if I was you
                  "It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
                  "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway my config - my caps

Comment

Oh, and on a side note: If you do buy one of these boards, be sure to flash to the latest BIOS, at least if you want to O/C anyway.. The 12/28/2005 BIOS release has an issue where putting more than 220 HT makes the system not POST the next time around.. I had the damndest time getting my 3000+ (1.8Ghz) back up to 2.4G, until i read a post at newegg about it..

Comment

Working...
                    X