Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acer AL2423W: Recapped, Still Dead!

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
    Most members here will recommend that you replace all capacitors when fixing a monitor. Your problem could be due to the other original capacitors left on the board.
    Ok, I'll replace the other ones. I saw that user Tonnes did that in this thread and got his back up. (post 25)

Here's my inverter:
    Attached Files

Comment

I see three fuses on the inverter are they all good?
      Al.
      Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by Kridian View Post
        Here's my inverter:
        There are 3 caps on the inverter. From the color, I'm guessing they are nkcon?

You might as well replace them too.
        Last edited by retiredcaps; 12-24-2010, 07:55 PM.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

It might not hurt to see what voltage you have at the three fuses
          Al.
          Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Pico fuses voltage left to right: 1.2, 0.6, 0.4

Is that good? I'm just a guy with soldering iron.

Retiredcaps, they are indeed NKons and I'll replace those as well. The one on the left is a little bulged so... yeah.

Comment

Pico fuses voltage left to right: 1.2, 0.6, 0.4

Is that good?
              Everyone has different preferences and techniques. I like measuring fuses with power off and lcd unplugged.

Put your multimeter on 200 ohms (if manual). A good fuse should measure less than 1.0 ohms.
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I have this digital pocket multimeter so I can't set it to 200v. I checked them again (no power) and they're all around 1.2

------

Touching the probes together I get 0.9 ohms
                Last edited by Kridian; 12-24-2010, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I have this digital pocket multimeter so I can't set it to 200v. I checked them again (no power) and they're all around 1.2
                  That is 200 ohms (not volts). When you touch the 2 probes together, what ohms reading do you get?
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

For what it's worth: Replaced the rest of the caps in the center of the power board and it was met with success! Thanks for all the tips guys!

Comment

Hi, I have a problem. Power board has new capacitors. C1 also new. Monitor is switched on, 5V, 12V, 19V works, but oddly whistles and D14 power board with very warm and falls out of position. IC6 is also new. Does anyone have an idea? Thank you

Comment

Other than that does the monitor come on?

Welcome to the forum-
                        We can help a lot more if you please post good clear pictures of the whole chassis, and then pictures of each board, front and back (in the same orientation) and close up of connectors, (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Examples of what is needed

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1280167246

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...6&d=1280167246

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...4&d=1280167246
                        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by wifi View Post
                          Hi, I have a problem. Power board has new capacitors. C1 also new. Monitor is switched on, 5V, 12V, 19V works, but oddly whistles and D14 power board with very warm and falls out of position. IC6 is also new. Does anyone have an idea? Thank you
                          D14 diode PG5408 is defective= 215 ohm, but why?

Comment

You need to lift one leg and measure in both directions.

Pictures?
                            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                              You need to lift one leg and measure in both directions.

Pictures?
                              Here
                              Attached Files

Comment

How did you come to the conclusion the above is bad with a reading of 215 ohms?
                                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks some odd joints on the back but if you were getting 5v 12v and 19v
                                  the diode should be ok.
                                  Did you test the diode like this:
                                  "
                                  a) put your multimeter in diode test mode
                                  b) put your black lead on one side and the red lead on the other - record reading
                                  c) reverse the leads - recording reading

A good diode should read 0.4 to 0.7 in one direction and 0L in the other. If you get a reading in both directions, you will have to desolder one leg and retest as an "in circuit" test may not be conclusive."

Comment

I took out the diode, multimeter shows 215 ohms in both directions, the diode plate is very hot, on Wednesday will give a new diode, then I will write

Comment

D14 diode PG5408 replaced with BY399, everything is OK, monitor works

Comment

Great!! well done - thanks for reporting back

Comment

Working...
                                        X