Re: Philips 42PFL5432D/37

Doide D925 reads 1 the other way
    Diode D912 reads the same both ways... 001

Comment

Originally posted by tbuch View Post
      Doide D925 reads 1 the other way
      Diode D912 reads the same both ways... 001
      D925 would indicate its good. You should get a value one direction and either "0L" or "1" the other way if you reverse the probes. Desoldering and checking is still your best bet. Just try to not mess them up to bad incase they are good. That way you can atleast put them back.

Comment

Mr. Bill,

Those two diodes were good after testing them off the board. I did what was posted in another board and used the Radio Shack Diodes to see if this fixed it and sure enough it did. I have the needed diodes on order and will replace them as soon as they come in. ~ Now I am testing to see if I have the problem of the set turning off when it heats up...Fingers crossed!! Thanks you guys for ALL your help!!!!

Comment

Hey Guys,
          I've been away for awhile taking care of my husbands elderly parents, but am still having TV issues.

Here's what I have done so far :

1) Re-capped bloated caps on Scaler board. (I think it was only 2 or 3)
          TV would still shut off after 20-30 mins or so.
          2) Re-capped most all caps on the power board
          TV still had same issue, but discovered that if we kept a fan running
          behind it it would stay on all day & all night.
          3) You guys had me doubt my original solder joints on the scaler board, so I went back and removed them and capped them all over again.
          4) Still same problem, only fix so far is to keep the fan on.
          5) Ordered more caps, (arrived Tues) re-capped the entire scaler board.
          6) Still same problem, only stays on with the fan running.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by PoteauPets; 02-10-2012, 07:08 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

OH, and with the help of TBuch, I tested all the diodes while waiting for the last shipment of caps. They all checked out fine.

Comment

1) My next best guess, and it is a guess, is that something on the t-con may be overheating.

2) A replacement is at

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220939145281

3) To verify if that is the case or not, try to think of a way just to keep this card cool (instead of the entire backside of the TV). This may involve some "duct" work or portable hair dryer on the cool setting.

4) There is a voltage regulator on the board (maybe two), but I'm afraid your analog multimeter may not provide enough precision to determine if it is bad or not. A voltage regulator should be within 1% of it specifications.

Now if the voltage regulator is "obviously" bad, then a 3.3V regulator might read 4.5V or 2.4V which is enough to spot with an analog multimeter.
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I have a new digital multi-meter. It's the same one TBuch bought in an earlier post, with which I tested all the diodes.
                Where and what exactly is the T-Con???

Comment

Originally posted by PoteauPets View Post
                  Where and what exactly is the T-Con???
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...5&d=1327778579

PlainBill also mentioned it as a possibility way back in post #20.

It stands for timing control.
                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

BTW, it is not uncommon for a TV to have multiple problems in addition to the bad caps found earlier. Most of the time, it is just one thing.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

1) I marked the two voltage regulators. The pics are almost good enough for me to make out the part numbers, but I can't. So please list the part numbers.

2) To measure them, see my bookmarked answer at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...13&postcount=3

Use a ground screw on the t-con for your black probe.

3) Obviously, we want comparison readings of these two when the TV is working and when it is not.
                      Attached Files
                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Part numbers

ANE 8815
                        AECS 250

74J3Z

Will post readings momentarily.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...5&d=1327778579

PlainBill also mentioned it as a possibility way back in post #20.

It stands for timing control.
                          Yes, I remember that post....=(

Comment

Readings with TV ON

ANE 8815 AECS 250 0719
                            Pin 1=2.49v
                            Pin 2=0
                            Pin 3=3.27v

6343 74J3Z
                            Pin 1=0
                            Pin 2=3.69v
                            Pin 3=2.81v

Readings when the TV kicks off=0 across the board.
                            Last edited by PoteauPets; 02-11-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

That indicates that something is cutting power to the boards - suspicions rest on the power supply - as the 24V is shutting off as well.

If the power LED stays ON during the failure, the standby voltage is -probably- fine, but we must check that it is at 5V and not at a voltage which is too low.

Need a closer pic of this area. If there are any labels next to the connector, report them.
                              Attached Files
                              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Here are the latest pictures. By the way, Thank you all for your help !!!!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by PoteauPets; 02-11-2012, 10:55 AM. Reason: Adding info

Comment

The white label info is as follows:
                                  ADPF 24300R1P
                                  P4P77 773911322

Comment

Readings with TV ON

ANE 8815 AECS 250 0719
                                    Pin 1=2.49v
                                    Pin 2=0
                                    Pin 3=3.27v
                                    1) The above is correct. The 250 indicates the output voltage. You have 2.49V.

6343 74J3Z
                                    Pin 1=0
                                    Pin 2=3.69v
                                    Pin 3=2.81v
                                    2) I can't find a datasheet for the above and the readings don't match any of the "common" voltages. Common is 1.8, 2.5, or 3.3V. So this part could be suspect.

3) Let's try another set of measurements.

Circled in red are the t-con voltage rails. The red multimeter probe should fit into each of one of those small test points. Your black probe goes on a t-con board ground screw.

4) List each legend and its value when the TV is working and not. Also please post a close up photo of just the section in red.

Readings when the TV kicks off=0 across the board.
                                    5) Also please clarify the above "kicks off". The last I remember is that when the TV doesn't work, there was sound and backlights were on (white).
                                    Attached Files
                                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Close up of the area in red per your request. And yes, when it kicks off, we still have sound and back lights.
                                      What do I set the meter to to perform the above mentioned test?

Tested with TV Powered On, Meter set @ DcV -20
                                      GND=0
                                      SDA=3.28
                                      VIN=12.00
                                      SCL=3.28
                                      TSTPGM=.01

Tested when the TV Shut off, Meter set @ DcV -20
                                      GND=.01
                                      SDA=.01
                                      VIN=.45
                                      SCL=0
                                      TSTPGM=0
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by PoteauPets; 02-11-2012, 09:47 PM. Reason: Add info

Comment

Just found this post in my local area. Wondering if this would be fixable or if I could use it for parts to fix mine. What do you guys think? I just sent her a message to see what her bottom dollar is. Here is her actual picture and description.

‎42' Phillips Flat Screen w/Ambulight for sale. Also comes with the remote.
                                        It has a black strip down the side of the screen other than that it works fine. My son uses it to play the 360 & watch movies on. Make me an offer.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

And yes, when it kicks off, we still have sound and back lights.

Tested with TV Powered On, Meter set @ DcV -20
                                          VIN=12.00

Tested when the TV Shut off, Meter set @ DcV -20
                                          VIN=.45
                                          For some reason the t-con loses power when it gets hot, but the main and inverter board are still functioning. I have to think about this.
                                          Last edited by retiredcaps; 02-11-2012, 11:10 PM.
                                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                                          X