HP Pavilion dv4-2045dx - No Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Pavilion dv4-2045dx - No Video

I was given this notebook with a no video issue. The laptop would start, but the fan would shut off and the CAPS LOCK light would blink and the lights for the volume, wi-fi, etc. were on.

I dis-assembled the notebook and re-flowed the GPU. I had purchased the copper shims for this model from e-Bay and installed them after the reflow. After re-assembling the notebook, the system works flawlessly except for the fact that the screen will not turn on. I purchased and installed a new inverter and also a new video cable with no change.

The system works fine when an external monitor is used through the VGA port.

On the cable going to the inverter I am getting 19.72 VDC on the first 2 pins and 0 VDC on the remaining 5 pins. I figure there is a component or something that is not working that should be sending an on/off signal to the inverter.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

If pictures would help, just let me know, I will gladly upload them.

Re: HP Pavilion dv4-2045dx - No Video

Bad backlight on the screen?

Comment

Re: HP Pavilion dv4-2045dx - No Video

UPDATE:

I have solved the issue. When I "checked" the video cable, I only connected it to the motherboard and to the inverter (not to the lcd screen itself). Tonight, I actually dismantled the screen and completely changed out the video cable and the system is now up and running.

I wanted to post the solution for future reference in case someone else runs into this issue.

Comment

Working...
      X