Digital compact camera dropped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital compact camera dropped

First I took a few picture then dropped while looking at a girl .
    I had dropped it then the lens would not retract, I then push it back in, now I hear a rattle when I shake it.
    I can turn it on, it states please turn off camera then turn back on again.
    Error message.

I don't know how to open it up to repair it. I might get a repair by shop, but camera cost £60. The repair price you guessed it.
    Panasonic DMC LS6.

http://www.cameras.co.uk/reviews/panasonic-dmc-ls6.cfm

Last edited by Fast Alpha; 11-18-2014, 12:03 PM.
    http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg305.pdf

Re: Digital compact camera dropped

You've damaged the mechanicism for the lense assembly. It's probably not worth fixing even if possible.

Comment

did you get a foto of the girl? she must have been impressive!

Comment

She was dressed as THOR with bra out.
        http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg305.pdf

Comment

The lens hitting the ground breaks gears and stuff. You could try eBay for the same model camera that is for parts only. I fixed a Nikon compact camera with a similar problem using another that had a broken LCD. It's still a lot of tiny parts and connectors and not fun.

Comment

I've got a Kodak cam that was dropped similarly (no girl dress as Thor invovled though) and the lense extention/retraction mechanism didn't work. It would try to retract and lock up, turn off. I was able to get it to retract by turning it on and off and applying slight pressure in different directions on the sides of the lense housing at the same time until it finally retracted but still would extend when turned on and lock up. I repeated the process and it eventually started to work again, apparently some misaligned gear or whatnot got back into place and with further use and excercize it finally started working without grinding or haning up.
            Last edited by SteveNielsen; 11-19-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
              I've got a Kodak cam that was dropped similarly (no girl dress as Thor invovled though) and the lense extention/retraction mechanism didn't work. It would try to retract and lock up, turn off. I was able to get it to retract by turning it on and off and applying slight pressure in different directions on the sides of the lense housing at the same time until it finally retracted but still would extend when turned on and lock up. I repeated the process and it eventually started to work again, apparently some misaligned gear or whatnot got back into place and with further use and excercize it finally started working without grinding or haning up.
              Lock up on a Kodak, at least the EasyShare M753, usually means a weak battery.
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Not in this case, it was a mechanical problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
                  Not in this case, it was a mechanical problem.
                  BTW, I meant when it freezes like a PC with a bad core OC.
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                  X