Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epson L210 Printer Waste tank resetter

hi guys,

I was not sure where to post this so just let me know if it is not in the right place.

I encountered a problem with my New Epson L210 printer. it says that i waste tank is full. with other epson printers i just downloaded a program that resets the waste tank counter. but with this model i cant find a resetter for it. if you guys got a fix for this or have a resetter it would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

Re: Epson L210 Printer Waste tank resetter

still waiting for a reply on this. hope you guys can help me. thanks

Comment

hi! same prob with me....help....

Comment

ive used epson printers no issues like that have ever came up for me. maybe theres a waste reservoir you need to empty.

this might be of some help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHwu2bsKVPs
        My Computer.
        AMD APU A4-3300 2.5ghz 1mb cache
        Motherboard GigaByte GA-A75M-S2V
        Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3 8GB (2x4GB)

SB Audigy 2 ZS [B800] Sound Card
        500GB WD Caviar® Blue™
        1 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™
        2 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™

Comment

Originally posted by Phaihn View Post
          ive used epson printers no issues like that have ever came up for me. maybe theres a waste reservoir you need to empty.

this might be of some help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHwu2bsKVPs
          thanks for the reply. ill try this out.

Comment

np
            My Computer.

500GB WD Caviar® Blue™

Comment

sorry that post was on how to modify the waste tank to put it outside the printer. what i need is a program to reset the waste tank counter for epson l210. something similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGL8ZeALh1k

Comment

did you allready empty the tank?
                My Computer.

500GB WD Caviar® Blue™

Comment

yes we did. we fixed everything on the hardware side. the only prob now is on the software side. we just need to reset the waste tank counter.
                  _________________________________________________________________
                  Free Computer Service!!!!!!!!!
                  If We can´t Fix the problem.

Comment

and theres nothing in the software that you install on the computer to do so?
                    My Computer.

500GB WD Caviar® Blue™

Comment

this might be of some help. http://tricks-collections.com/epson-...ter-pad-reset/
                      My Computer.

500GB WD Caviar® Blue™

Comment

no sir, it needs a separate program to reset it. ive fixed problems like this before but for different models of printers. its just that epson l210 is new and i haven´t found a resetter for it yet. i was just wondering if you guys found any resetter for this model of printer.

Comment

i havnt sorry.
                          My Computer.

500GB WD Caviar® Blue™

Comment

Originally posted by valiant007 View Post
                            hi guys,

I was not sure where to post this so just let me know if it is not in the right place.

I encountered a problem with my New Epson L210 printer. it says that i waste tank is full. with other epson printers i just downloaded a program that resets the waste tank counter. but with this model i cant find a resetter for it. if you guys got a fix for this or have a resetter it would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.
                            I have an email from these guys lounging in my inbox from 2006, but seems their site is still current.
                            Have you tried this:

http://www.2manuals.com/product_info...oducts_id=1149
                            36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

I have an RX 700 sitting in my garage right now waiting for the garbage man. It came up with the same problem. I put the external tank mod on it and reset it. Almost immediately it came up and said I had no ink installed. I read around the internet and couldn't find a solution. Mechanically it worked perfect still. I had to clean the printhead a lot because of light use and filled the tank prematurely. Apparently it's programmed to do this from what I read. It's soured me on epson printers. I've now got a Kodak, hope it does better. Perhaps you would be better off with a different brand. At any rate, good luck with it.
                              sigpicThe Sky Is Falling

Comment

Any sort of reset button on the printer? Sometimes they have you hold a certain button while powering off, or on.
                                Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

i need adjustment program for epson L210..
                                  plss help me..

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
                                    Any sort of reset button on the printer? Sometimes they have you hold a certain button while powering off, or on.
                                    i tried that solution but that is just a temporary solution, it will work until you turn of the printer. when you turn it on again the problem is back. but thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
                                      I have an email from these guys lounging in my inbox from 2006, but seems their site is still current.
                                      Have you tried this:

http://www.2manuals.com/product_info...oducts_id=1149
                                      i tried this. these guys are tricky. they give you a program to reset the waste ink tank counter but then you will need to buy a reset key from them for it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by valiant007 View Post
                                        i tried this. these guys are tricky. they give you a program to reset the waste ink tank counter but then you will need to buy a reset key from them for it to work.
                                        Hi,

Got a notification about this as I have a vested interest in all things waste ink related. Just to provide some up to date information on this and deal with the "tricky" comment above.

First off, there will probably be an AdjProg (one of the service utilities that Epson provides to its service centres) that gets out into the general net but it's an open guess as to if/when they might happen.

Secondly the WICReset is a third party development tool that 2manuals has had a very active hand in. The problem is that everyone has been "spoiled" by the previous efforts that were originally freely available through the SSCLG project in the form of the SSC utility. That set the bar on expectations that persists today in that everyone believes that it should all be free and I suspect a fair amount of the animosity aimed at OEM printer manufacturers boils over to be aimed at the WICreset tool.

Bottom line is this though..
                                        1. The number of different models now released by Epson is heading into the 500+ units (SSC covered less than a fifth of that)
                                        2. The tool is being actively developed whereas the SSC utility stopped over 3 years ago without so much as a note of goodbye.
                                        3. If the WICReset tool wasn't available the only other option would be the service centres themselves and they seem to be more than happy to charge anywhere from £20 to as much as £120 for what amounts to less than a minute of work.
                                        4. You have to pay for development time somehow.

Some folks will still get outraged about it but given the choices I know which I prefer... $10 vs' $30+... Not exactly rocket science is it. And let's be straight here, anyone who feels strongly enough to get out there and write something for free, nobody is going to complain... (except that they will, because you'll be expected to keep it updated forever for nothing, with naff all thanks for the effort).

In terms of validity, the utility does work, IF you pay attention and clear print jobs, turn the printer off when prompted (using the printers own power button)... Oh and it's not some Russian based scam

Almost all of the complaints I've seen and fielded myself are from folks who didn't bother reading instructions or who expected it to reset the chips on their ink cartridges instead of the waste counter.

Just for the record, I'm not having a dig at anyone here or anyone in specific but merely providing a little background as to the why's, wherefores and a little reality check. The real crime is that Epson do not release a means to reset the waste counter and provide self-help kits themselves. If you want to get angry, aim it at them.

Hope the above helps.

Comment

Working...
                                        X