Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung DYP-42W2 PSU from Samsung PS42Q96HDX

Hi guys, nightmare story following.

Had a customer send me a DYP-42W2PLUS PSU for repair, usual problem swollen caps etc. Repaired it & all voltages ok so sent it back. Courier then managed to smash it in one corner so told customer NOT to install & i sent him a replacement board (insurance claim in for the damage).

Customer now has installed the board but all not well, he reports a purple/green line image (see pic attached) & sound after 10 minutes. I think i have sent him the 50" version of the board by mistake so i assume the Vs & Va voltages will be all wrong . Do you guys think that this will have damaged maybe the X or Y SUS boards ? & is there such a great difference in the Vs & Va on a 42" & a 50"

Cheers in advance

Graham
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung DYP-42W2 PSU from Samsung PS42Q96HDX

Looks to me someone's put the wrong Mainboard in that set--as in a 42" main in a 50" set--Thats the only time Ive seen an image shifted like that and not filling the screen.

PSU wouldn't do that....
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Customer just informed me that NO other boards have been touched in the TV.

What about the difference in volltage levels Vs & Va between a 50" & 42 ", is there much difference.

Graham
      Last edited by nogger; 12-18-2014, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Dunno--You would have to check the actual panel stickers to tell.....
        TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
        http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
        PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

From memory, hardly any difference. Would not cause this effect anyway.

This is a control board or main board problem... knowing the reliability of Samsung TVs, it could have been a pre-existing fault which has only just reared its head.

Of course, checking all connectors would be a good idea, just in case...
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Alistair & Tom

I personally dont think it is the PSU as i repair a lot of them & if i recall the Vs is usually around 205 & 207v regardless of size. They reckon this is a new fault & wasn't there before.

Thanks guys

Comment

Has anyone else seen a display like that before or any ideas.

Graham

Comment

To answer my own question as it might be useful to someone else i just finished repairing another DYP-50W2 board & tested the voltages. The Va is 63.2 V.dc
                & the Vs is just over 207 V dc. Attached is a picture of the label on the plasma panel of the TV in question & as you can see there's nothing in it so i'm happy the 50" version oft the PSU is not responsible for this display.This just leaves me with the question of why the customer is getting that display if nothing other than the PSU has been touched.

Graham
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X