Spectroniq PLTV-3250 wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spectroniq PLTV-3250 wont start

Mine had Q1 and Q2 shorted (and the fuse out), and it also looked like ZD3 was shorted. When I took ZD3 out I still measured low resistance, but not entirely 0 ohm (and more than my meter's leads). Apparently this is how the circuit should be.

I also took the time to verify if ZD3 was still allright after I baked it off the PCB (it was glued as well, so it got a bit hotter than I wanted). ZD3 was still okay, but it turns out to be a 15V zener, not 16V as someone suggested (I guess people keep copying what they find on the internet). It has marking code '15B' on it, which could very well be Vishay's TLZ15B. Page 3 of the datasheet shows this marking code:

On my PCB, Q1 and Q2 were 2SK3667 FETs, but this can vary by revision I suppose. I guess I'll replace them with an STP11NK50ZFP from ST. Only Pd is somewhat inferior, but I think the insulated TO-220FP will be the bottleneck in terms of dissipation anyways.

Comment

Also, IC1 (L6598D) was blown as well as the 10 ohm resistor in the high fet gate drive.

Mind that Q11 is a general purpose PNP (not NPN like Q7, as someone suggested somewhere). Mine turned out to be okay.

All working fine now.

Comment

So if ZD3 is in fact a 15V Zdiode would http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...2-1-ND/1163093 be an acceptable replacement? I am very uncertain as to which parts can be replaced with what so I have been trying to replace everything exactly. This is the only part that it doesn't seem I will have the chance too.

Comment

Has anyone came up with a parts list to shotgun this board to cover most everything that seems to be commonly found wrong on this board? I am going on a small vacation in a few weeks to visit family and they have this same tv with the same problem.. Seems to be totally dead.. I was hoping to just order a bunch of parts and take them with me.. And that way I should be armed with everything that I MIGHT need. Thats if its not some off the wall problem, which seems to happening to me a lot as of late

Comment

Originally posted by lilmonk3 View Post
            Has anyone came up with a parts list to shotgun this board to cover most everything that seems to be commonly found wrong on this board? I am going on a small vacation in a few weeks to visit family and they have this same tv with the same problem.. Seems to be totally dead.. I was hoping to just order a bunch of parts and take them with me.. And that way I should be armed with everything that I MIGHT need. Thats if its not some off the wall problem, which seems to happening to me a lot as of late
            See page 5.

Comment

Hi
              I'm trying to fix the Protron TV with exactly the same PSU model.
              I do get +5v sb but when I load it it goes down to ~3v and fluctuates.
              The symptoms on the TV: blue led blinks when pressing power button, does not power on.

I read all the thread and I see that I must replace all Capxcon caps (I only replaced bulged ones and it did not help)

So I'm going to order all caps from digikey to replace, any other things I should order just in case?
              I tested Q7 and ZD4 and they seem to be good (I tested them in circuit though) My thinking is that since I get somewhat +5vsb then there is no need to replace Q7 and ZD4...

Thanks
              Last edited by zape; 08-13-2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

replaced Q7 and ZD4 (and capacitors of course) and it TV from 2006 works now.
                digi-key parts used:
                MMBT2222ALT1GOSCT-ND
                BZX384C15-E3-08GICT-ND
                Last edited by zape; 08-31-2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X