Acer V193W 2 seconds to black - more like, 30 seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer V193W 2 seconds to black - more like, 30 seconds

This arrived today, got it for $35. In tip top shape as opposed to the iiyama i got last week... Packed well.

Seller told me it's been messed with by someone, with no result. I haven't taken it apart fully yet, first wanted to see how it behaves. Plug it in and it lights up, shows an image for 30 seconds, then backlight turns off. If you turn it back on it comes off quicker and quicker, eventually reaching 2 seconds to black.

There is no flicker or dark areas, so i don't think it's the CCFLs. Could be the transformers or the switching transistors on the inverter. Edit: Opened it up and there's some pretty serious bodging going on. The original inverter section has been removed entirely, being replaced with a cheap inverter with cheap caps and cheap wiring. I'm going to test it with the lamps on the iiyama, and test the Acer with the inverter from the iiyama to isolate the problem.
    Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 10-01-2012, 12:29 PM.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Re: Acer V193W 2 seconds to black - more like, 30 seconds

Tested and it appears to be the lamps. I have a problem here - how do i actually remove them? There appears to be no way of getting them out besides tearing apart the whole panel, which i'm NOT going to do, at least not today.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Re: Acer V193W 2 seconds to black - more like, 30 seconds

Sometimes, it is required to take the LCD panel apart, and remove the LCD carefully, to get to the lamps. Either way, you have to tear it apart... :/

Of course, it could be that the CCFLs have aged, but a lower current or brightness setting has often worked for me, giving one monitor with a similar symptom (also a 19", but Xerox) at least 1.5 years of life (before I sold it on.) See if dropping the brightness by 10-15% works.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
      X