usp440m-42lp psu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usp440m-42lp psu

Hi all does anybody have any experience with the said psu, picked up a 42inch plasma the other day, the psu has no power and am struggling to find a replacement cheers
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joehezzer; 03-08-2014, 04:05 PM.

Re: usp440m-42lp psu

anybody know of anywhere i could get one or is interested in trading !!!

Comment

What tests have you done on it?

Stby 5v present?

Have you tried turning the PSU on by sending the PS-On, Vs-On, etc to it?

What set? PSU may well be fine--could be a Set fault and nothing to do with the PSU at all!
      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

i have checked the voltage on the points marked in yellow, nothing at all no standby light nothing. i have done a minimal amount of checks as i was just going to replace psu. there is a big blue block (relay i think ) found a post somewhere saying it might be that, its a bush 42" PLASMA, i do not have model number as of yet
        Attached Files
        Last edited by joehezzer; 03-09-2014, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Fuse is good?
          Early Bush plasma - probably early LG panel - 42V5/V6/V7? If so watch out for sparklies/maldischarge fault.
          I'd check input fuse and bridge rectifier for DC.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
            Fuse is good?
            Early Bush plasma - probably early LG panel - 42V5/V6/V7? If so watch out for sparklies/maldischarge fault.
            fuses are good, i will check the bridge rectifiers as soon as i can

Comment

Pics of chassis....?

--I'll bet that PSU is OK from experience....
              TELEFIX

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

bridge rectifiers tested good, i will get more pics later

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  Fuse is good?
                  yep you're right tom
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
                    Pics of chassis....?

--I'll bet that PSU is OK from experience....
                    model number pdp42tv006
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by joehezzer; 03-09-2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Ha! A V7!

First plasma I ever potched with was a V7. Still got an alleged brand-new IPM for one kicking round somewhere....

10-1 that PSU is OK. You'll need to check for 5V stdby supply first before going any further.
                      TELEFIX

Comment

Ok will have a look tomorrow when I finish work. The chap I got it off said they had a power cut and it never came back on

Comment

Thing is--The V7 is pretty long in the tooth now, and only a 480p res, so not worth spending any real dosh on--certainly not investing say 50 quid in a PSU!

A few tests will determine whats what...

Firstly, with set unplugged, use your meter to check the fuses on Y-SUS and Z-SUS. Any blown and there's a short somewhere....

Then check the resistance from each fuse--to chassis metalwork. This should initially 'kick' or read for say half a second as the caps charge, then read a pretty high resistance.
                          Last edited by Alastair E; 03-09-2014, 03:33 PM.
                          TELEFIX

Comment

just looking for the 5v stby point, i can see 5v ctl

Comment

Firstly, with set unplugged, use your meter to check the fuses on Y-SUS and Z-SUS. Any blown and there's a short somewhere....

they are all ok checked them earlier (fuses), i disconnected the boards y-sus z-sus one at a time to see if it turned on still nothing
                              Last edited by joehezzer; 03-09-2014, 03:37 PM.

Comment

OK--Thats one of the 5V lines--there's usually a few. Some will be powered, some not when in standby.

Check 'em all, post results and the names/references of 'em pref with a pic of the plug you measured them at...
                                TELEFIX

Comment

OK--Thats one of the 5V lines--there's usually a few. Some will be powered, some not when in standby.

Check 'em all, post results and the names/references of 'em pref with a pic of the plug you measured them at...
                                  ok will do tomorrow cheers matey

Comment

ok so i have measured all the 5v standby and a couple of others and i am still getting no readings at all, they are all marked in yellow
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by joehezzer; 03-10-2014, 12:58 PM.

Comment

a bigger picture, the numbers on the pics refer to the first pic then the second and so on, but i think i kinda screwed it up lol
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by joehezzer; 03-10-2014, 01:23 PM.

Comment

i recently just did one of theese, managed to get a psu from ebay for £30 delievered, the one i had , b/r shorted and a load of mosfets ,so got another board
                                        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4004140660...84.m1497.l2649
                                        it wasnt really worth doing but my missus likes the tv an for keeping her quiet............... priceless
                                        Last edited by wills123; 03-10-2014, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X