Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"T-Con board"

Hi to everybody,

Need an advice please...I'm looking for T-con board for 46 inches samsung tv,part number T460HW02. i find one in ebay and it`s from sanyo tv but the t-con is thesame part number from the samsung tv. My question is ....is this compatible with my samsung tv...Thank you very much for any advice.

dbtsat

Re: "T-Con board"

Originally posted by dbtsat View Post
    Hi to everybody,

Need an advice please...I'm looking for T-con board for 46 inches samsung tv,part number T460HW02. i find one in ebay and it`s from sanyo tv but the t-con is thesame part number from the samsung tv. My question is ....is this compatible with my samsung tv...Thank you very much for any advice.

dbtsat
    I think there should be more digits in the part number you have given.
    Look at shopjimmy.
    The replacement will have to have EXACTLY the same number as the last few digits may mean it will only work with a 52inch 42 inch etc also the sony tv and the samsung tv may use different panels so there will be some differences
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

With PlainBill's help, I "fixed" (I use the term loosely) a friend's TV by getting them a replacement t-con. Details below on how to possibly find a lower cost t-con and manufacturers sharing the same t-con boards.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12100

I miss PlainBill!!
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
        With PlainBill's help, I "fixed" (I use the term loosely) a friend's TV by getting them a replacement t-con. Details below on how to possibly find a lower cost t-con and manufacturers sharing the same t-con boards.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12100

I miss PlainBill!!
        What has happened to Bill?
        Last edited by killian6pk; 06-13-2012, 12:54 PM.
        Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Originally posted by dbtsat View Post
          Hi to everybody,

dbtsat
          T-con Pcb's are married to the screens they fit so if the t-con came from a
          if you have a chi mei screen or what ever as long as it came from the same screen you should be ok if it is from a differant size you may have to mess with settings

Comment

Hi new poster here, so sorry for hijacking the thread op Soz :-(

Anyway I need to replace a tcon board on a however this one is different from others I have worked on! The ribbon is glued down not clicked!
            I can get the replacement tcon but how the hell do I remove the ribbon safely without damaging it? Also would conductive tape do the job when reattaching it?

Any advice or pointers to a thread that could help would be very much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
              Hi new poster here, so sorry for hijacking the thread op Soz :-(

Anyway I need to replace a tcon board on a however this one is different from others I have worked on! The ribbon is glued down not clicked!
              I can get the replacement tcon but how the hell do I remove the ribbon safely without damaging it? Also would conductive tape do the job when reattaching it?

Any advice or pointers to a thread that could help would be very much appreciated!
              maybe post some pictures so we can see the tcon etc

Comment

Comment

im pretty sure these cant be replaced let see what other member say.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                    im pretty sure these cant be replaced let see what other member say.
                    Cheers Vince, hope not, thought maybe just hear it up and slide it off. But wasn't sure if that would damage the ribbon.

Comment

what set is this on make and model number.

Comment

Hamie u cant .

Comment

That type of t-con is not replaceable, bad design...
                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes, it seems to be bonded to the panel screen, its not replaceable unfortunately.

Comment

There may some basic things to check like reseating /cleaning connectors, replace burt parts, replace open Fuses, replace open/shorted diodes, shorted or high ESR capacitors and fractured solder joints resoldered that may get you up and running. I personally have yet to replace a Gamma Chip on a TCon board. You could try a few things before scrapping the set if its toally no good. Good Luck
                              Last edited by Ltank; 04-08-2014, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltank View Post
                                There may some basic things to check like reseating /cleaning connectors, replace burt parts, replace open Fuses, replace open/shorted diodes, shorted or high ESR capacitors and fractured solder joints resoldered that may get you up and running. I personally have yet to replace a Gamma Chip on a TCon board. You could try a few things before scrapping the set if its toally no good. Good Luck
                                cheers for the advice lads.
                                seemed the fuse was dead, so tried to kick start it soldering cables and a resistor direct from from the logic board. no success, worked once before! just gonna break it down for parts dont need the hassle as only cost me £1 on ebay!
                                shame it was a decent looking set!

Comment

Working...
                                X