Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCD panel breakdown??

Hi,

Today a friend of mine sent me few pictures of his LG computer monitor with strange LCD behaviour. It started few days ago with few bright spots on the bottom of the screen, then it started to spread. Yesterday it was semicircle, today it's a full circle... What shall it be tomorrow?

Monitor is well used, but only at home. There was (probably) no physical impact to the screen surface.

Is there any help about this or just LCD panel replacement? Why this happens?

Cheers!

Suad
    Attached Files

Re: LCD panel breakdown??

It is an internal failure of the panel. Possibly due to "de-lamination" of the panel. The TFT and LC layers are splitting apart. Notice how it seems to be affecting the picture on a pixel level. I have seen pictures of older panels doing it, but not newer ones. No idea how it happens...
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Sometimes it's due to a "strike" on the screen or edge near where it begins (say Wii). Could be a factory fault and just now appeared. I've seen this on poorly packed screens that are damaged in shipping. Corners are typical, but any edge is susceptible.

T
      veritas odium parit

Comment

Just a thought, maybe the power button, etc. are in that corner, and he was pissed off and hit the bezel too hard?

Comment

No doubt it is the Panel, the question remains what caused it, By looking at it carefully I would rule out that it did this itself, something or someone had to have hit this with some force. The ones that I've seen are the ones that were hit by Wii controllers and beer bottles. Its just funny how, even as mad or drunk as you can get, your still able to find the center of the screen. lol

Comment

It started to heal itself! Unbelievable. Big black circle almost gone, and there is normal picture on that place. My friend says he didn't touch it, and it just started to get better two days ago... I'm little bit sarcastic about this, but will see how it advances in next few days... Stay tuned ;-)

Cheers!

Suad
            Attached Files

Comment

Very odd... maybe excessive pressure on the LCD that has now relieved itself somehow?
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

This LCD monitor remained in it's place like it is for years. Nobody touched it, neither when it started showing "circles", neither now when it started to "repair"... Very odd.

I could bet it will go worse again ;-)

Cheers!

Suad

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  Very odd... maybe excessive pressure on the LCD that has now relieved itself somehow?
                  Maybe from heat expansion of the chassis?
                  Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
                    Maybe from heat expansion of the chassis?
                    Well, it could be. Last few weeks are very hot here in Croatia, but this room is air conditioned... hmm... ;-)

Suad

Comment

Working...
                    X