No power, Sony vaio MBX-250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power, Sony vaio MBX-250

Good day guys! Does anyone have schematic for this laptop Sony Viao VPCEG18FG. Its an Intel Core i5-2410m based cpu and has an Nvidia GeForce 410M GPU. Its totally dead with no lights or spin. Adapter and power jack is confirmed working, motherboard receives 19.5v. No burnt marks visible, possible a short somewhere. Thanks in advance!

Re: No power, Sony vaio

Have you checked 3.3v/5v is up and running?
    Cz if motherboard received 19.5v there shouldn't be any short circuit in adaptor voltage path.
    its bit hard to find schematics of some latest laptop mother boards.
    Its better to find schematics on free download sites.

Comment

Took me quite some time to find this schematic. Is this correct? My board also indicates MBX-250. If I'm right, 0v on PL4101 and PL4102. voltage present at vreg5 5v and vreg3 3.3v
      Attached Files

Comment

can anyone confirm if I'm looking at the correct schematics?

Z40HR MB
        S0203-2
        48 4mp01 021

and at the back says SONY MBX-250, I'm a little bit confuse because some prints a spelled wrong. If someone can upload the correct one, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Just reflow the other bga chip not the nvidia

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
            can anyone confirm if I'm looking at the correct schematics?
            and at the back says SONY MBX-250, I'm a little bit confuse because some prints a spelled wrong. If someone can upload the correct one, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
            Find out flash chip U6001, (bios chip) and if it exist, check voltage at its pin 8.
            Also check voltage in power button.
            Good luck.

Comment

Found u6001 bios chip, tested 0v on pin no.8 and 0v on power button.

I think its a different chip on the schematics I provided. This is the chip on the diagram (SST25VF032B-80-4I-S2AF-GP). But the one I actual have is a winbond 25Q32BVSIG. And the board layout is the same but some of the components soldered to it are of different models.

I'll try a soft reflow on the said bga. Thanks to everyone!

Comment

U6001 is powered by 3D3V_S5 through PL4101. So you should ensure that you have 3.3V/5V at PL4101/PL4102 first.

Assuming your DCBATOUT has 19V, check PU4103 for the following pin voltages:

VREG3 (8) - 3.3V
                VREG5 (17) - 5V
                REF (3) - 2V
                ENC (18) - high
                EN (13) - high

if EN is high, you should have REF, VREG3 and VREG5 output. If not, replace this IC.

if ENC, ENTRIP1, ENTRIP2 is high, you should have 3.3V and 5V at PL4101 and PL4102.

Comment

I think its a different chip on the schematics I provided. This is the chip on the diagram (SST25VF032B-80-4I-S2AF-GP). But the one I actual have is a winbond 25Q32BVSIG
                  Both chips are 32Mbit spi flash, so they are equivalent.
                  Check voltages at U6001 as whaldsz says.

Comment

Sorry for wrong input. 3.3v is present on power button

VREG3 8 - 3.34V
                    VREG5 17 - 5.1v
                    REF 3 - 2.01v
                    ENC 18 - 0v
                    EN 13 - 2.87v

Pressing power button gives voltage drop up to 1.2v on power button then rises up to 3.34v again.
                    At some point the power led lit then slowly died don't know what happened.

I have attached an image of PU4103 IC. As you can see this resistor has some discoloration on it, don't know if it has any effect.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have attached an image of PU4103 IC. As you can see this resistor has some discoloration on it, don't know if it has any effect.
                      Resistance looks good, but you can check its value with ohmmeter. (2.2 ohms)
                      ENC 18 - 0v
                      This voltage is wrong, check voltage of pin 14 (S5_ENABLE) ic U2701A, (NPCE795P) if low, could be bios data corruption, or NPCE795p with leakage problem.

Comment

1. Check if RTC_AUX_S5 is HIGH. If not, replace the battery.
                        2. Check the resistance between pin 1 and 8 of RN2705 if approximately 10k ohms. If open, replace it.
                        3. Check pin 3, 7 and 8 of U6001 if 3.3V is present and reflash it.
                        4. Replace the SIO chip

Comment

Got some developments on this laptop. The board now power's up. ENC is 3.87v, RTC is 3.01v. RN2705 has only 4 legs (might be different schematics) pins 3,7 and 8 of U6001 has 3.3v only if it is ON.

Maybe the reason why this board turned on is because of the resistor I mentioned in post #10. I replaced the resistor connected to pin no.22 of PU4103 with the same value. On the opposite side there's also a resistor connected to pin no.9 of PU4013 which I measured voltage steady on both ends. Unlike the resistor connected to pin no.22 on one end the reading is fluctuating.

Although the laptop turned on and lights are lit. There's still no display on the lcd. Processor, fan and memory are already inserted. The fan spins and the processor heats up. I've got to check it further. Update you guys soon. Thanks very much!

Comment

Good news! As of now, laptop turned on with display. No other repairs were done except for the resistor replacement yesterday. Just cleaned all contacts on lcd cable, memory slots and memory pins. Hope this will be stable. I'm just testing the unit now. I'll update you guys again if anything happens. thanks again.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good day, I can now confirm that this laptop is fully functional. Everything is working fine. I've done a lot of test like watching movies, playing games and audio/video converting without problems. Thanks very much guys for your help. Hope this will stay good for a very long time. Thanks again and more power badcaps fellas!

Comment

Good to hear bro.

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
                                  Good day, I can now confirm that this laptop is fully functional. Everything is working fine. I've done a lot of test like watching movies, playing games and audio/video converting without problems. Thanks very much guys for your help. Hope this will stay good for a very long time. Thanks again and more power badcaps fellas!
                                  SIR good day can i know what parts did you replace in your sony laptop? plsss

Comment

Sir i have the same model of this laptop.. my problem is no dcbatout present on PU4103

Comment

I replaced the resistor connected to pin no.22 of PU4103 with the same value. This is how I fixed the laptop.

Comment

thanx for sony vaio power problum

Comment

Working...
                                        X