Dell 2007wfp not working - no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2007wfp not working - no power

nothing on screen, no light around power button, basically nothing happens when I turn on the power button. Opened the case and pressed the button on power button circuit board and still nothing happens.

Tried to open further, but power supply board seems very attached to that iron-cage thing. Anybody here managed to open and look at power supply of dell 2007wfp (or maybe dell 2407wfp)?

Re: Dell 2007wfp not working - no power

Originally posted by todo View Post
    nothing on screen, no light around power button, basically nothing happens when I turn on the power button. Opened the case and pressed the button on power button circuit board and still nothing happens.

Tried to open further, but power supply board seems very attached to that iron-cage thing. Anybody here managed to open and look at power supply of dell 2007wfp (or maybe dell 2407wfp)?
    The carrier for the power supply is held on to the LCD panel by 4 small screws on the side of the panel.
    Remove the CCFL connectors from the inverter, and the LDVS cable from the LCD panel, you will also need to unplug the USB board.
    Flip the carrier over and unscrew the boards.
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
      The carrier for the power supply is held on to the LCD panel by 4 small screws on the side of the panel.
      Remove the CCFL connectors from the inverter, and the LDVS cable from the LCD panel, you will also need to unplug the USB board.
      Flip the carrier over and unscrew the boards.

When you say "carrier for the power supply", you mean the place with prongs, right? There are no screws around that area.

Just so you know, lcd screen is out of the way (so I am guessing your instructions associated with lcd panel do not apply.) It's just power supply board and two other boards attached to the iron-cage thing. (There were total 4 boards, I managed to free one board from the cage by unscrewing the screws and disconnecting it from the power supply board)

Please let me know if I am not explaining myself clearly.

Comment

Check for screws on the back side of the cage.
        I did a Dell 1707 yesterday, had 3 screws through the back cage into the heat sinks on the power supply board. Lots of goop on them too.

Once you get 'em apart they're easy enough to fix.

Pictures would help too.
        36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
          Check for screws on the back side of the cage.
          I did a Dell 1707 yesterday, had 3 screws through the back cage into the heat sinks on the power supply board. Lots of goop on them too.

Once you get 'em apart they're easy enough to fix.

Pictures would help too.
          no screws on back side of the cage around power supply area (I mean there were, but I opened most of them.)

On one corner, I can see white-screw like thing.. do you know what it's called? It's clearly locking the power supply to the iron cage. I wonder if I can just cut it off? But it may create problem if I decide to disassemble.

On other side, I can see the prong thing locking the power supply. There are no screws around prongs, so I don't know how to remove that area.

On your dell monitor, there was probably a way to remove the prong section, right?

I can try taking pictures, but I don't know if you would like the quality of pictures. I will give it a try though.

Comment

Not sure what the prong thing is you're talking about. The white thing might be a plastic standoff. You can usually squeeze them gently with a pair of pliers and pop the board over them.
            36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
              Not sure what the prong thing is you're talking about. The white thing might be a plastic standoff. You can usually squeeze them gently with a pair of pliers and pop the board over them.
              Yes, standoff. http://www.google.com/imgres?q=white...:0&tx=81&ty=50

I did try squeezing it with pliers, but it didnt work, but I will try again, now that you have confirmed that it's how I am supposed to do it.

When I said "prong", I meant the place where you insert power cord. That section seems to be badly locking the iron cage with the power supply.

Comment

Yes, standoff. http://www.google.com/imgres?q=white...:0&tx=81&ty=50

I did try squeezing it with pliers, but it didnt work, but I will try again, now that you have confirmed that it's how I am supposed to do it.

When I said "prong", I meant the place where you insert power cord. That section seems to be badly locking the iron cage with the power supply.
                Ahh, ok. I've seen several ways of holding the power connector in place.
                The Dell 1707 I did the other day had 2 screws that went in from the same direction you plug the power cable in. Others have a metal or plastic clip that you can pull out. I have forgotten to put them back on a few Acers...

Comment

Here's an LG 1953 that has the power connector friction fit into the bracket. No clips or screws, but you have to yank and wiggle to get it free.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I remember having a few monitors,That along with the plastic retainer,and a tight fitting power plug.There was some of the heat transfer material on the heat sinks that was almost like a glue.It took some rocking to remove the P/S.
                    If you gently rock the power supply back and forth you can usually get an idea of the area thats being held,then look real close in that area for any screws or retainers.
                    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

okay white standoff is out of the way.

But there is a black plastic stuff that SEEMS to be strongly holding the iron-cage to the power-connector part of the power supply.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=dell+...v14zrBw&zoom=1

^^ that's somebody else's image. If you look at the bottom part of power supply, you will see two black rubber screw-like things (right below red circle). There is black plastic clip or something around that area that is gripping the cage.. anybody come across something like that?

Comment

Do not mess with those!
                        Are there any screws that go through the cadge into the power plug,look on either side where you plug in the cord.

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
                          Do not mess with those!
                          Are there any screws that go through the cadge into the power plug,look on either side where you plug in the cord.
                          no screws on either side of power connector...

btw, you did understand that the picture I posted does not have that clip, right?

I mean so many people on this forum have managed to take out the power supply part of Dell2007wfp, so I am missing something or too afraid of breaking something.

Comment

It would really help to post pictures of your monitor.
                            Camera doesn't matter, light does. Even a $20.00 barbie cam can take a good enough photo with proper light.

Comment

here are pictures... do you see that black clip?
                              Attached Files

Comment

two more...
                                Attached Files

Comment

also, I had already opened it up by the time I learnt hair-dryer works too sometimes. Mom has one, and I was wondering while it's still open, can I try hair-dryer and see if that works without re-assembling it and all?

Comment

Pretty good timing on this thread, I have the same monitor with the same problem, and I haven't been able to track down what's going on...

I don't know why you're having so much trouble with that clip, it's not at all complicated. It has a locking tab right above the power socket... press that tab inward (or more like 45 degrees inward/upward), and it'll pop right out.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

also, I had already opened it up by the time I learnt hair-dryer works too sometimes. Mom has one, and I was wondering while it's still open, can I try hair-dryer and see if that works without re-assembling it and all?
                                      You lost me. What's a hair dryer going to accomplish?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Thrashbarg View Post
                                        I don't know why you're having so much trouble with that clip, it's not at all complicated. It has a locking tab right above the power socket... press that tab inward (or more like 45 degrees inward/upward), and it'll pop right out.
                                        ^^^^

What he said. Should pop right off.

Comment

Working...
                                        X