Dell 2001FP - No Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2001FP - No Image

Hey, guys... I've done some searching on this, but haven't really found anything directly related to my issues, so I figured I'd ask for some advice. I apologize if this has been asked and answered.

The monitor is many years old and has run 24/7 from day 1, but recently stopped displaying images. The monitor has power, the power/mode/etc LEDs all seem to be functioning, and when the power button is first turned on the monitor will display a "faint" Dell Ultrasharp splash screen, but then goes blank... no OSD, no nothing via VGA and DVI ports.

I've successfully repaired cap/inverter issues in other monitors, plasma TVs, etc, but this one has me a little stumped... it's not an integral part of my operations, so I've just really been "playing" with it and I don't want to give up on it just yet.

I've disassembled the monitor and inspected its components, but cannot see any visual defects to the PCBs/caps/components... I've cleaned up everything real good, reassembled the unit, and still have the same problem. There's a ton of diagnostic work that could still be done, but I'm looking for some direction from you guys first... the way it's acting makes me think it's inverter issues, but the initial splash screen display gives me pause. Has anyone encountered something similar?

Thanks,
    JAM

Re: Dell 2001FP - No Image

Sorry, I forgot to add that the "flashlight trick" is no joy, too.

Comment

Re: Dell 2001FP - No Image

Originally posted by texjam View Post
      The monitor has power, the power/mode/etc LEDs all seem to be functioning, and when the power button is first turned on the monitor will display a "faint" Dell Ultrasharp splash screen, but then goes blank... no OSD, no nothing via VGA and DVI ports.
      1) I always recommend hooking up a source so you can see your favourite wallpaper or movie.

2) If the power LED is functioning, this implies your power and main board are likely working okay.

3) If the backlight does not come on, it implies

i) blown fuse in the inverter section
      ii) shorted mosfet or transistor in the inverter section

4) We can suggest test points if you post clear focused top down view pictures of the boards following my sig file below exactly.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
      X