Element ELCFW329

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element ELCFW329

This unit works perfectly when it wants to come on. Once it comes on, will run forever. However, there are times it will not start. If I cycle power enough times, the unit will finally come on. Does not matter, remote or local on button, same result. Should I be looking at smps or main? I tried heating different sections of both boards..no difference. I have 12 volts and 5 volts..one pin reads 4.2 volts..very strange. Nothing labeled as far as voltagees or functions of the conductors. Pictures coming.

Re: Element ELCFW329

With something like that, we always need the pin out name with the measurements on the PSU connector between it and the main board, while not working and while working. In your case I think you have 2 connectors we need measurements from. Look at SJ, they sell an EEPROM if your problem fits their description.

Comment

No connectors are labeled..I will have to measure when working and not working to see what is disappearing voltage wise.
      Attached Files

Comment

It is the UF11 Eprom on the main board..labeled 25q16bsig..appears to be a flash memory chip..I can heat it and then press chan^ and vol down and it starts until the chip cools off.
        Found the IC, 5 for $4 from china..go figure

Comment

no surprise... glad you found it!

Comment

SJ sells them for $15..Do you think that is because they are programmed or does it just function as a flash memory chip as installed?

Comment

Working...
            X