Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Syncmaster T240 Super Dim Backlight

Hello all,

I am very new to tearing down a monitor and I need assistace on how to test/know what to look for. The monitor is SO SO dim. I have read so many posts, but I feel I am in over my head in terminology and basic testing skills. I got as far as taking out the power board. Here are some pics. Thanks in advance for everyones time...
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Syncmaster T240 Super Dim Backlight

Hello. do you have a multimeter? Maybe you can start by measuring the voltages at CN2 from the bottom side of the board with all the boards hooked up. Place the black probe on the chasis and the red one on the individual solder joint on the bottom side. There is an indicator at the side of CN2 showing the correct voltages.

P/s: This model have a history of pad inverter transformer T301.

Comment

When you mean hooked all up, I assume you mean run power through it, correct? I understand the rest of what you saying, and I will give it a try. Thanks for the reply and I will post the results.

Comment

I tested at the CN2, All readings were normal. Nothing was out of the ordinary. When is the next step in testing to find out what needs to be changed?

Comment

Working...
        X