This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello. Just joined. Hope to find a fix for my Phillips TV - takes 10 minutes to turn on. If I do find the fix I'll post the instructions if not posted here already.

Comment

Greetings BadCaps members...

I'm an old new member. I have an EE and CS degree and for the last 35 years worked in the computer industry. I started out working on old NEC Astra mini-computers doing board level repairs. And have work on almost everything since... At Keats it feels like it!

Now that I'm ready to retire, I've gained an interest in understanding and building vintage tube amps. I will be starting on a Fender 5f6a (tweed Bassman) head and thought this look like a great place for information.

Thanks- JLY

Comment

Hi, I´m Carlos from Portugal I have some electrical experience, but hope win more here!

Comment

Hi,

Another new member from UK. I have some basic technical experience with common electrical items.

Hoping to find some advice for a Samsung TV I have started having problems with.

Thanks,
          Dave

Comment

Hello All, My name is Bruce and I am from Kansas City, Missouri. I love electronics but I have never finished a degree. I do have a lot of class room training and personal repair history.
            If I don't know I ask. If I know I will share.

Happy repairing!

Comment

Hello Everyone,
              I am a Vintage Computer Geek, who adores old computers from the era of the 486 and Pentium. I often prefer manufacturers of computers rather than custom builds. I adore Sony and Packard Bell, because I had Sony laptop without Windows 95 and a Packard Bell Fast Media Remote Control. Currently, I am trying my hardest to find Packard Bell items from the 90's for a Prodigy project. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Hi all

Comment

Hey, new here, have gotten good instght as a lurker and figured I'd join up.

Andy

Comment

Aufan here from the great state of Al. War Eagle!!! came by this site through google, looking for controller board help...(LOL). looking forward to many post and threads.
                    and may a bad cap never keep you down....

Comment

Hey my Name is Hap. I'm from Ontario in Canada. Hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Comment

Hi I'm Andy and I want to be able to fix the tv's I'm picking up without just buying the new part for it. I have some electrical knowledge, but would like to learn more.

Comment

Looking to fix a issue and figure out what cap i need to replace on my video card.
                          The cap says e132
                          I know it is a 820uf and 2.5v i just dont know what the e132 means and what the replacement would be.
                          It is a small cap of a msi gt430 video card

Comment

Howdy, here to try and fix a plasma TV. Hope I'm welcome here!

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hello, I just joined the forum. I'm an old guy, living in Clearwater, Florida. I have no experience with repairing TV's. However, I have repaired some computers, replacing caps, power supplies, hard drives, etc. I came here to try to learn something about possibly repairing a TV of mine. I have an Emerson 32" LCD TV, model number LC320EM2. Originally, my import source was coax cable. But through repeated movement of the TV, the jack on the mainboard weakened and eventually broke off. So I bought an HDMI cable, and plugged into the HDMI port on the back of my Verizon DVR. However, now I get a weird distorted image on the screen. It is set to the correct input, because I get sound that coincides with the channel that the DVR is set to, confirmed by another TV hooked up to the same DVR via coax cable. Does this symptom give you any clue as to what component might be faulty? I took a picture of the screen, if that might help. I'm not sure I'm allowed to post pictures on this forum, or not. I'd like to try to fix the TV myself, by replacing the defective parts with new, if possible. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment

Hello - my name is Jim Willis and I'm from Sierra Vista, Az.
                                  I found this forum when I was searching for a fix for my Samsung 2232bw monitor, which is still working but flickers constantly after about ten minutes of use.
                                  I have been messing with computers since buying my first one in 2001, an Emachines.
                                  I needed a car & had $650.00 to spend, but instead of a car I bought a computer.
                                  I had a rusting 1982 Toyota Corolla which had been sitting unused for a year which I decided to get running so I could have an auto to use.
                                  I got in and it started on the 3rd try.
                                  I have since modded 1 computer & built 2 others but I'm still 'electronically challenged'.
                                  I'm very happy to have discovered this forum.

Comment

hello my name is Larry Allen,. I have seen this forum a couple of times during searches for info on fixes for various electronics. I have been in the tech field for 30 yrs. This forum seems like a good place to share information.

Comment

Hello,
                                      my name is Rauno. Alltough i have been a member of the site quite some time now i have never found my way here until now. I am a beginner technician who has finished Tallinn Polytechnic school in the field of telecommunications. I have studied networks, computers, electronics and radio stuff so i know the basics. I have also worked as a technicians trainee in one of the major telecom companies in europe. In my spare time i have repaired several monitors with bad capacitors/transistors and other components. My test equipment is very limited. Only a cheap multimeter and a not so cheap capacitance meter, but i have gotten by with them so far.
                                      Repairing things is what satisfies me the most. I hope this forum will help me find solutions to some technical problems and i also hope i can be of use to someone.

Regards,

Rauno
                                      Last edited by rauno45; 04-21-2014, 04:25 AM.

Comment

hello guys,
                                        I'm basel from SYRIA,
                                        and i have oppened a computer repair shop and looking forward to be the best one in my country , so i will study a lot and repair a lot of desktops & laptops
                                        i'm looking forward to work with this community.

Comment

Hey . Many Thanks . You helped me fix a plasma tv .

Comment

Working...
                                          X