Dell 2007fp inverter problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2007fp inverter problem

My Dell 2007fp has a defective inverter board. Occasionally (once a day and usually when it's warmed up, then turned on from power saving mode again) the backlight will flicker for around 5-10 seconds and then go back to normal brightness.

Fortunately I have another working 2007fp and swapped the inverter boards around, which moved the flickering problem to the other monitor so I think that proves it is indeed the inverter board at fault.

I recapped it with Rubycons but there was no change. Each inverter winding has roughly the same resistance as the equivalent one on the functional board.

Any ideas what's causing this and what I can do next? It's very hard to tell but the bottom bulbs might be *slightly* dimmer when it's flickering but not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Dell 2007fp inverter problem

Does it do it if you have the brightness turned down a touch?

Could try removing the old solder from the transformers and re-soldering with new leaded solder. Same goes for the joints on the blue high voltage caps and the actual bulb sockets.
    Someone recently had a bent pin in the socket?
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Brightness doesn't affect the problem I don't think. Thanks for the advice - I will reflow all those joints, check the sockets and get back with my results. I guess it could be a dry joint as it never seems to do it from cold, only when it's heated up a bit then turned off and on momentarily.

Comment

Ok so I reflowed all the joints on the transformers and high voltage caps. It is still exhibiting the same problem. Any ideas what could be causing this issue? High voltage caps? I'm all out of ideas, help!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X