• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DELL E171FP White screen only.

Hello Wizard
    Just read your how to check DC to DC converter at link

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...8&postcount=12

good work and many thanks, I am not sure that I am good enough yet to replace this part if I find mine kaput, but may try later on, A question for you to help me test part if I may,
    Do I solder across fuse pads, as my fuse is open, and if I replace it, It will open again, or is there another way over this ?????
    thanks bob

Comment

When you find a open fuse, first thing is use DMM and measure resistance ahead of the fuse for short or low resistance, then measure all the regulators or switching regulators to make sure you don't have a short. And inspect the board throughly. Note certain regulators of any types do have ground and don't mistake that for short. Heheh. I once found a bad MLCC and when I desoldered it, cracked in two, on this type of LCD (40" I think), that too had popped fuse and definitely resistance as well.

Rough guide and this is only on the LCD drive board.
      Under 20" 1A Larger than 20" to 32", 1.5A Larger LCD than 32" LCD 2A. Use plastic body pico fuse, Green or yellow gives you smallest body and able to solder in. The SMD fuses is harder to get and expensive.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
        The panel/screen in the 172N is working OK, just the power supply/inverter board is burned beyond repair. What I want to do is :
        1.- Take the lamps out of the Dell panel (they work, as they light the screen)
        2.- Put the Dell Lamps in the Samsung panel (after taking out the Samsung ones)
        3.- Test the Dell Monitor with the Samsung Panel

** I have to swap the lamps because the connectors are different (narrow in the Dell, Wide on the Dell). That wa, I'll end up with just a dead monitor instead of two.

With terminal failure you mean "beyond repair, throw it away"?. I've been keeping that screen (and have another from an eMachines e15t3g in the same condition) and I really need to make room, so if that's the case, let me know to take out the lamps and trash the panels.
        No luck. The panel does not work (lamps on but black screen). Besides, one of the lamps in the Samsung was cracked.
        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
        • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
        • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
        • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
        • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
        • Windows 10 Pro x64
        • GeForce GT1050
          2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Originally posted by 2n3055
          Edit:
          SM for this Dell E171fp search for Samsung LTM170EU or ACER AL1715P (M170EG01
          I just repaired an E171Fp with the white screen problem using an LTM170EU from a Samsung SyncMaster 173s. Problem gone. The other used screen from the 172N was not an exact replacement. I wonder why Dell Monitors have Samsung Panels and the Samsung 172N didn't have a Samsung panel?
          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050

Comment

I have the same probem with 2 Dell E171FP monitors. The fuse on the
            panel board is open. Does anyone know the value of it. It just labeled
            F1.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by computerbob
              I have the same probem with 2 Dell E171FP monitors. The fuse on the
              panel board is open. Does anyone know the value of it. It just labeled
              F1.

Thanks
              Hello Computerbob
              I had that same problem a while back, advice given was from Wizard
              Relace with a 1amp, see here on this post
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=22
              bob

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
                I just repaired an E171Fp with the white screen problem using an LTM170EU from a Samsung SyncMaster 173s. Problem gone. The other used screen from the 172N was not an exact replacement. I wonder why Dell Monitors have Samsung Panels and the Samsung 172N didn't have a Samsung panel?
                COST....

I found Samsung even used Innolux panels...

Comment

Originally posted by lucky13
                  COST....
                  Money talks ...
                  • Windows 10 Pro x64
                  • GeForce GT1050

Comment

I have a dell E177P1 that started giving intermittent white screens. I later observed that the problem occured in the day when its warmer but not at night. It have gotton progressively worst so that it always turn on with a white screen unless I put it in my freezer for about 20 minutes then remove it and connect it to my cmputer. then it works perectly until you turn it off. I have not checked on it yet but I will attemp a repair soon. What could be so temperature dependent?

Comment

Working...
                    X