Dell 2408WFP Vertical Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2408WFP Vertical Lines

The problem is a grouping of vertical lines about two inches from the right side of my monitor. They go away after 15-20 minutes of warming up. At first they were only 1-2 pixels in width and were magenta colored, but now its probably 6-7 pixels in width and are black.

Google search pulls up a few people who have the same issue as me, but no resolution. Im not optimistic, but any info would be appreciated!

Re: Dell 2408WFP Vertical Lines

Sounds like a bad connection from the column drivers to the panel ITO for those few pixels. Not easily fixable but since it's temperature-sensitive (expansion) applying pressure might help.

Comment

may be Column drive flex cable has bad connection with panel glass (this is stick with glass & conductive lines)

Check that area flex cable with pressed with finger as soon as cold start display (have to dissasemble panel from base)

it problem gone.., try to glue that area might help

Comment

I tried applying some pressure to the lines and a few actually disappeared, but the black ones remained. Not sure I have the expertise to take it apart and glue anything.

Comment

it this any similar to the situation you guys were having? if so did you find any solutions, as that is my goal right now.

thanks

p.s. obviously in this image the monitor is upside down..

Comment

Now I have a friends screen with same symptoms here for repair: vertical lines and ghosting images. So far many people run into this issue as you can see form various posts throughout the web. Only suggestion was to get it replaced under warranty. Has anybody here fixed this issue? I think if it's really the connection between the flex cable and the substrate there isn't a permanent way to fix this - unfortunately.

Comment

As I remember, 2408WFP use SAMSUNG LTM240CS05 LCD-panel. If discussed defects are look very much like following photo:

http://www.picshare.ru/view/727582/
              (this is a photo of one of previous 24" SAMSUNG panels defect)
              it's frequent SAMSUNG LCD-panels defect - fault of T-CON (timing controller) PCB, which is a part of LCD-panel. The T-CON PCB of DELL 2408WFPB is marked as LTM240CS05FFCC4LV0.4 and can be found in free market. I had restored one of same PCBs replaced memory chip.
              Last edited by gavs; 12-11-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X