Hansol H950

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hansol H950

This monitor is giving me some grief. When I turn it on it gives a bunch of pretty lines. (Photo #1) When I turn it of and back on I get lines as in photo 2 and after it warms up and I turn it off and on it works perfectly. (Photo 3). If it goes into sleep mode for any length of time the symptoms start all over again? Leave it on, attached to a continuous signal, it will work without fault. I have run it for days. I have had it apart. Replace the caps checked all connections several times. It did have bad ccfl lamps which I replaced. Anyone have a similar experience? I posted on this way back and have not seen anything to narrow this down to solve the problem?? I find it very difficult to get reading with it working/not working
    Attached Files

Re: Hansol H950

What caps did you use for recap - did you recap ps main board or both.
    Try the hairdryer trick - heat sections of the boards and see if it comes on
    quicker - could be a duff cap or a cold joint.

Start up cap may be favorite to change or to check the joint. It will be a small cap on the primary side of the PS often 50v 68uf

Pictures of the boards/ - check caps near voltage regulators
    Last edited by selldoor; 11-16-2012, 12:21 PM.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thanks selldoor on second look I replaced the large caps only 1000uf @16v Its been awhile since I did work on this one can't remember why I didn't replace them all. The remaining caps are sam young. I will replace the other caps and report. Sorry I have 4 or 5 in slings here right now I have to stick to just one. Here is a picture of the power board the logic board on this one is soldered to the chassis and I haven't removed it to get a picture or done any work on it.
      Attached Files

Comment

This is either Tcon (attached to the panel for this screen size, not removable, but you can work on it), or logic board. Cold joints or bad caps on one of the regulators. Check the 1.8v rail on the logic board first, i've had this type of issue caused by a dried output cap on the 1.8v reg.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

pictures of the logic board, there should be some LDO and some caps on that board that need to be checked.
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thanks budm I have replaced the other caps on the power board and two of which I did not have equal value. I replaced the 0.68 uf@50 with a 1uf@50v and the 47uf@50 with a 47uf@25 and all seem to be working for now?? Any comments on the substitutes?

Comment

Originally posted by davg View Post
              Thanks budm I have replaced the other caps on the power board and two of which I did not have equal value. I replaced the 0.68 uf@50 with a 1uf@50v and the 47uf@50 with a 47uf@25 and all seem to be working for now?? Any comments on the substitutes?

0.68uf to 1.0 uf is probably ok at the same voltage (just check it was 0.68
              68uf 50v is often a startup cap size)

It could be that the 47uf50v was the startup cap in which case you should really get one the same value as you will be putting a lot of pressure on a 25v
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                It could be that the 47uf50v was the startup cap in which case you should really get one the same value as you will be putting a lot of pressure on a 25v
                I think the 25V should be okay. Most of the SMPS IC VCC are in the range of 12-16V. I think manufacturers chose 50V either for more ripple or lower ESR?

Obviously, it would be easy for davg to verify by measuring the DC voltage across that cap.
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

In my fixed CMV CT-934D, it originally had a 22uF 50V, but I only had a 22uF 25V and it has been fine for several months now.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...11&postcount=3

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...33&postcount=4
                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

It's just cheaper for low-cost cap manufacturers to make only 50V caps for such small capacitances. Very little difference in price which is easily negated by the improvement in inventory etc...
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                      It's just cheaper for low-cost cap manufacturers to make only 50V caps for such small capacitances. Very little difference in price which is easily negated by the improvement in inventory etc...
                      That was the same explanation PlainBill gave to me.
                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate it. I may pull it apart again just to check the voltage across that cap as suggested by retiredcaps. But it do seem to be working fine right now. oops when I take the power off and plug it back in the screen shows very bright. When I check the menu the brightness is at 70 and the contrast is will above 100? Holding the - minus button for several seconds will reduce the contrast down to 99 - 100 and it is ok but once I take the power off again I have to make the adjustment again. I guess I will have to pull it apart again.
                        Last edited by davg; 11-18-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I did a factory reset and the unit seems to be working just fine even after unplugging and plugging back in. Will leave it for a couple of days to see what happens.

Comment

Thanks to all for the support. This unit have been running for nearly a month now and I am considering it another success.

Comment

Working...
                            X