Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What a Noob!

yes, but for newer stuff it is best for noobs to use cable select

for more experienced users m/s is better but i generally use cs because im alway mixing and matching drives that way i dont have to double check everything especially in those oem cases that have little room. most of my old stuff is no longer being actively used, if it ever would be then i would fix it
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

I've once fixed an old Compaq PC (P3 era). A TV repairman attempted to fix it and connected CPU cooler power cable to some unpowered thing (don't remember exactly what it was) so that the CPU cooler was not working.
      And the PC owner was wondering why the PC isn't working. The CPU was dead. It was a slot type P3 cpu. I replaced it and also connected CPU cooler properly. Everything worked OK after that.

Comment

I like the CS setting because its easy. The PC takes care of the rest. In the past I used to use the "Master Slave" setup.
        "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
        Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
        John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
        Rod Serling

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Parts
          I like the CS setting because its easy. The PC takes care of the rest. In the past I used to use the "Master Slave" setup.
          agreed

lesson form your first post: if TV=computer, then lawnmower=big rig
          sigpic

Comment

Lawnmower=COOL! Me like! TV=stupid shows that only my wife likes.
            "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
            Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
            John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
            Rod Serling

Comment

cmon, there has to be channels that you like out there. i like tru tv, *spike, *discovery, and tlc*

*=sometimes when crap like "jon/kate +8", man vs. wild, ufc, and survivor man" are not on. those shows suck!
              sigpic

Comment

My wife will never watch the History or Discovery channels. She just might end up learning something....... Thank god "Married With Children" isn't on anymore!
                And they wonder why we drink!
                Last edited by Junk Parts; 07-07-2009, 07:24 PM. Reason: add
                Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

dont you have two tvs?
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes sir we do. The one down stairs is a beast of a big screen thing. Thats the one she watches all the time. There is a little POS in the bedroom. The picture on it is too dark, and the speakers are roached.

And they wonder why we drink!
                    Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

i thought you had 3 tv tuner cards from your cousin's hobbit hole
                      sigpic

Comment

I do but I don't have one installed as of yet. They will work under Hp Home but you have to do magic tricks to make it happen. The cards are designed for MCE. Now I need to reprogram the Hp Compaq with Xp Home first then I will have it to use while I upgrade the Dell to MCE for the TV card. I was going to use my new/old 1 gig Athlon to fill the gap but it turned out to be a POS. I guess I could plug up my Lappy, and use it too. Its sitting right here looking at me. I wonder what it wants now.....Its a Dell too.....LOL
                        Now for real the Lappy will get its first test this weekend. I bought it for when I travel, Well I'm leaving Friday for five days in the mountains of western Maryland with my wife. We will be attending a huge party at my friend farm in Crellin. It works here at home so it should work on the road too. When I got it she was 3rd. hand and busted, and its a Dell too so you never know!!!
                        Last edited by Junk Parts; 07-08-2009, 05:28 AM. Reason: remove
                        Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

Working...
                        X