Optiquest q91b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optiquest q91b

Got this monitor for free, it would turn on for about 1 second then the screen would go blank. I opened it up and several 470uf caps were swollen. I replaced all of them. but it still does the same thing. any suggestions.

I have limited electronics experience, but I have managed to repair dozens of monitors just by replacing caps.

I took it apart again and found 1 bad solder joint that I had done. Fixing that did not help. I did notice that when I power it on, I hear a high pitch crackling whining noise just before it turns off. when it turns on and goes off again the time is around 1 to 1.5 seconds.

just lost interest in fixing this one. I get so many monitors If I can't fix em quickly I don't bother.
    Last edited by flinx; 04-22-2012, 03:55 PM. Reason: need to add stuff
    "...off the record, unnamed government sources
    alluded to unsubstantiated innuendos about
    alleged indiscretions and insinuated that they
    are rumored not to be without basis for further
    speculation..."

Re: Optiquest q91b

What you are describing might be due to a small 1uF or similar cap. Sometimes its hard to see if they are bad or not.

Comment

If your getting a display for a second or so then nothing along with a squeal and some crackling noises makes me suspect one of the ccfl bulbs is bad. See if you can hear it at one of the 4 corners of the monitor. Another test would be to unplug one of the bulbs and plug in another set outside of the monitor to see if it stays on.

Btw, do you have it hooked up to a source?

Comment

I already parted it out. not worth my time.
        "...off the record, unnamed government sources
        alluded to unsubstantiated innuendos about
        alleged indiscretions and insinuated that they
        are rumored not to be without basis for further
        speculation..."

Comment

Working...
        X